3 legged deer

Marc'y marc

Went shooting tonight with a mate and his daughter Jessica. I put them in a place that we seen some roe on friday.

I then went to top end of wood to put a new salt lick up after 10min I heard the shot. When I got to them I was surprised to see this deer, as we haven't seen it going about, but a good one to take off also was in good nick for just having 3 legs.

post-59260-0-17212100-1375136629_thumb.jpg

post-59260-0-35822000-1375136643_thumb.jpg

post-59260-0-26646300-1375136656_thumb.jpg

On Rannoch moor once many years ago I stalked a three legged red deer hind all morning. She was canny enough to keep just far enough ahead of me (she knew that I was there) to prevent a shot. I did eventually get a long shot off and killed her. One of her front legs was missing below the knee and the wound had healed perfectly. She was up to weight but was barren.

On Rannoch moor once many years ago I stalked a three legged red deer hind all morning. She was canny enough to keep just far enough ahead of me (she knew that I was there) to prevent a shot. I did eventually get a long shot off and killed her. One of her front legs was missing below the knee and the wound had healed perfectly. She was up to weight but was barren.

the wound also on this one had healed perfectly. think it may have been like this for some time.

there was a programe about deer loosing the foot under the hock (rhys jones wildlife patrole ) investigated thought it was poachers

turned out it was double wire on top of stock fencing

i seen this program it was very intresting. Still think that many of the problems is not with fencing!!