How long does a shotgun 'last'

SO3isme

In 100 years time some guns will still be in use others will have been consigned to the scrap bin long before this . It will of course depend on the gun ,maker and type , the use or abuse it gets and the amount of care and maintenance it receives .I see Victorian guns in regular use and guns of 10 years old that are only fit to prop the barn door open with . We will not mention the guns with built in obsolescence ,they know who they are .

Why not try this... Clean your barrels so their is absolutely no dirt contaminants etc were talking more than surgical clean,and weigh it then go fire a hundred, clean again as before and weigh it again. The difference in weight should be material lost soo "wear" then work out how much "wear" it needs to be out of proof. Then you get the amount of wear per shot etc etc. I know other factors to consider etc

of course, i should have thought of that....................................

factor in temperature at time of every shot, humidity, humility, H.R.C. of Chrome lined backbored barrels, top to bottom shot ratio to determine the thinning of the web between both tubes

altitude, attitude, lead steel, wad, wadless, the list goes on.

just shoot buddy, have fun