This became mine today!

Lord Geordie

A fox hunting scene, hand printed on Silk. The silk was woven in Macclesfield and the scene is an 18th Century engraving by Samuel Howitt.

2013-08-04_22_27_04.jpg

Printed in 1958!

Now I have no space for it :no: and am wondering what it may be worth and if anyone is interested in it?

At present it is in a card sleeve but I think this would look fantastic mounted in a good frame! :yes:

The Samuel Howitt died in 1822 and this would be a copy of one of his works on silk.... looking at the current auction prices it would be vauled around £20.00 to £35.00 and this depends on the condition and quality of the silk and colour quality. The market is not great for these scenes but if good quality then you may get a reasonable price.

Pop it over to a local dealer and see what they say and whatever they offer you add 35% minimum, if they are keen then get a sencond and third price. I was given a lovely picture ten years ago which I was offered £20.00 by a local dealer and that sold in auction for £580.... that was when I got into shooting pictures and artwork.

The Samuel Howitt died in 1822 and this would be a copy of one of his works on silk.... looking at the current auction prices it would be vauled around £20.00 to £35.00 and this depends on the condition and quality of the silk and colour quality. The market is not great for these scenes but if good quality then you may get a reasonable price.

Pop it over to a local dealer and see what they say and whatever they offer you add 35% minimum, if they are keen then get a sencond and third price. I was given a lovely picture ten years ago which I was offered £20.00 by a local dealer and that sold in auction for £580.... that was when I got into shooting pictures and artwork.

I know what you mean! Many moons ago I was out fishing on Roker Pier. I was watching an old chap using an old snapped cane rod and brass fly reel. When he finished he put his fish in a bag and walked off leaving his rod n reel. I.ran after him to give it back. He laughed and said if I wanted I could have it. He found it in the shed and didn't bother. I ditched to.rod but kept the reel. I took the reel to a dealer in the town and was offered £25 which to me at that time was a lot of money. He asked about the rod and I told hin I skipped it. He looked horrified. The reel sold for just under £100.

I have "in my room" a set of reproductiin plate prints depicting 16th or 17th century hunting deer with musket or long rifles. They are fab. I found those in a charity shop for £2 each. I know they are worth a.darn sight more than that!

This pic was found in a drawer during a clean up of my Parents. I did find a few other prints by the same company but of different subjects! Nothing on the fox hunting scene!

I think I will have a word with the old folk and see if they are happy for.me to pop it into the sales section. Even though they said I could have it I feel asking is only polite!