General Grabber AT

chrispti

Great tyre had them on my old terrano and when the disco needs a new set thats what i will be getting. I found them very good on the road and never got stuck when pulling trailers across muddy fields. Didnt do any serious off roading though but wouldnt hesitate doing some with them.

The BF goodrichs are more expensive and IMO cant tell the difference. Mud terrains are fine if you spend most of your time off road but can be a bit noisy on the road and not great on wet tarmac.

Great tyre had them on my old terrano and when the disco needs a new set thats what i will be getting. I found them very good on the road and never got stuck when pulling trailers across muddy fields. Didnt do any serious off roading though but wouldnt hesitate doing some with them.

The BF goodrichs are more expensive and IMO cant tell the difference. Mud terrains are fine if you spend most of your time off road but can be a bit noisy on the road and not great on wet tarmac.

I have a set of General Grabber AT's on my Jimney. I'm very pleased with them for off road stuff.

Thank you for answering my question. :good:

I had BFG ATs on my jimny, never once got stuck.

Just looking for some 225 65 17 ATs, the above new style grabbers have them on the shelf in that size, so may give them a go :good:

Edited by chrispti

I have got some of those on my vitara I have not really been in any deep mud since I got them but they do ride nice on the road I had 4 fitted for £400 I would have liked to have got some of the BFG ATs but they would have cost me well over £500 fitted and I could not justify spending that much on four tyres having said that I am happy with the grabber Ats.

People keep on saying that you must have mud type tyres with aggressive patterns that is ok if you spend most of the time off road but if like me you only go off road as a small part of driving I would prefer to have good grip when I am on the road you can always get someone to pull you out of the mud but if you slip on a wet road bang goes your car and your NCB that is another reason that I went with the Grabbers.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

My local tyre bloke reckons that the new GG AT2 has been redesigned to reduce noise on road and to try and capture the luxury 4x4 market so are not as good off road as their predecessors. I decided to replace my old style GG AT2 tyresbon my Defender with with the Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac and have been very pleased with them.

http://www.goodyear.eu/uk_en/tires/4x4/wrangler-duratrac/index.jsp?from=browse

Hi

I friend of mine has had these on his P38 range rover for two years now. Good on road (show very little wear after 10K) & as good as he needs off road. The owner of a local tyre firm also has these on his disco (this says something as he has the choice of almost anything) and rates them very highly.

I have also just got a set, try your local branch of Barry and Wilkinson tyres for a price.

ATB

S.G.

Hi

I friend of mine has had these on his P38 range rover for two years now. Good on road (show very little wear after 10K) & as good as he needs off road. The owner of a local tyre firm also has these on his disco (this says something as he has the choice of almost anything) and rates them very highly.

I have also just got a set, try your local branch of Barry and Wilkinson tyres for a price.

ATB

S.G.