Alcohol

Pinkella

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then , the truth is about 78 cans a week !

But I just love the taste of larger lol

Ml

I wasn't sure if you were being serious lol

Really interesting posts guys thank you.

I don't judge what anyone drinks unless it affects a situation and puts others at risk and that's not just driving.

used to drink every night,2 or 3 cans tennants super,got up last new years morning and poured every can and bottle down the sink,had a drink with my lad july 31 for his 21st birthday...havnt missed it,and lost just under 2 stones in 7 months also saved a 100 quid a month,not given up completely.on holiday next week and am looking forward to a few havanna club rums and vodka and cokes....also i have never had a drink and driven thankfully both my kids 21 and 25 have both done the same

Edited by mikky

Very rare that I drink at home , the occasional bottle of various ciders if the weather is hot.

I like a decent drink when I am out with friends and am not driving which is not that often but cannot handle it like I could when i was younger four or five pints is my limit these days then i have to resort to Bacardi's

During my late teens and early twenties I never drank during the week but would blow out Fri, Sat nights an often a Sunday too.

As I got more involved with training and boxing I dropped alcohol completely and was in the best nick of my life....Went working in Spain / Gib and also the Falklands and developed a serious enjoyment for red wine, lived on the quayside in the Toon and enjoye the party lifestyle.

Now I'm settled with the Mrs I still enjoy an alcoholic drink but in a totally different way. During the week I will often have a small glass of beer or a glass of red whilst cooking dinner (or like tonight enjoy a glass of beer cooking dinner whilst the Mrs is sorting paperwork for lamb sales @ Skipton tomorrow).

On a Friday night I will buy a different type of beer each week for a change and have a couple of bottles, likewise Saturday night is a few glasses of wine.

If we go out now I still drink like I did when I was younger but god in heaven I pay for it lol, I can't hack hangovers anymore and if you offered me a nightclub OR the log burner with a glass of red then it would be the log burner everytime!!

I like meths and lighter fuel with a sambuca depth charge and a nitromors chaser to get me going in the morning. By lunch i've had a litre of glycol which makes my whizz go blue. In the afternoon i normally have a snooze before doing a 5 gallon drum of jizer before heading home. I wont drink indoors so i just have nice green tea of an evening then i retire to my chamber.

I like meths and lighter fuel with a sambuca depth charge and a nitromors chaser to get me going in the morning. By lunch i've had a litre of glycol which makes my whizz go blue. In the afternoon i normally have a snooze before doing a 5 gallon drum of jizer before heading home. I wont drink indoors so i just have nice green tea of an evening then i retire to my chamber.

very funny. :lol::lol:

What do you drink at home if you do and how often do you consume it and how much do you consume?

I have gone from not drinking at home ever, then I hit my late twenties and for some reason started having a couple of glasses of wine most nights, to having a bottle every night and now or certainly the last 3 years I only drink at the weekend, having the odd glass of wine in the week. As much as I love wine and vodka, it doesnt really do me any favours short term or long term apart from at the time as long as you are not drowning your sorrows!

Yes it can be a slippery slope, perhaps people should tot up the units as they drink through the week and then check them against the guidelines. So I have checked and so far this week I have had 14.4 units, all after coming in from lamping or the highseat, just to unwind a bit.

I don't believe in this - "I'm allowed 1 and I can still drive". Even if you've had one you are more impaired than someone who has had none.

Now that I fully agree with. The only time I will have a drink and drive the same day is on a shoot (beating not shooting). I'll have a small sloe gin during break because I know that for a start it wouldn't put me over the limit, but in reality I'm beating for another three hours or more anyway so it will have completely passed by the time I do drive.

I've never tried unit counting. I doubt I would go over my weeks allowance very often at all, but will easily break my daily suggested intake in one session. I guess that makes me a binge drinker?

Stopped supping when I was 18 after witnessing what I thought were decent folks turning into paraletic mindless morons after afew jars and decided that i would never become one of them...I have serious concerns when at Supermarket checkouts i regularly see 24 cans and 5 bottles of wine all being loaded up into the trolly with the weekly shop.on a regular basis.I think all motor accidents and incidents should all have a drug and alcohol test as mandatory.... from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

One of the weekend Binge drinkers me. Mostly dont drink between Monday and Thursday, then enjoy a couple of bottles of wine and some beer from Friday night to Sunday.If i'm getting up early/or going night fishing this amount of alcohol is dramatically reduced! I used to love G&T but cant seem to drink it properly (gulp it rather than sip it not good!) so stopped. I have done dry January's for many years, and must say i lose a lot of weight, and my sleep is brilliant so doing without the booze is obviously good for people!

Ah well roll on Friday night!

Cheers

Aled

I do not drink at all, I had a friend who is ten years older than me and he drank far to much. I only ever drank with him, which if I'm honest was most of the time (4 nights a week). But there came a point where he was drinking first thing in the morning and then as soon as he got home. So I decided to help him I would give up drinking and so would he, that was three and a bit years ago.

I use to cane it in my teens/20's due to rugby but only Sat and Sundays as the rest of the time I was training....

Now I will have a couple most nights...depends what shift i am on at work...

Like today ...bottled up the home brew and been sipping since 1pm....but prob only down many 2 bottles of wine and a 2/3 bottles of beer so not mushed now

i dont drink.. i no i no kill joy...

i dont go out drinking anymore as i did in my younger days and i dont see the need to drink at home plus if i drink i cant drive and as i shoot most days that will mean no shooting for me so thats a big no

Edited by camokid