Courgettes

harrycatcat1

I love courgettes! If anyone is near me I'll buy excess. Same with pigeon breast!

I have so many recipes for courgette.

-fry them gently and sprinkle with parmesan before serving for a side dish.

-add to risotto bianco and stir in feta cheese before the end

-fry with cold potatoes and veg you fancy and use in Spanish omelette

-fry onion until golden, then courgette and mushroom, mix with pasta and add yoghurt or cream and Italian cheese for topping

-use with peppers and lamb pieces on wooden skewers. Brush with oil and grill, serve with rice or couscous.

-Chop into pieces and add to chilli 30 minutes before the end

-Fry and then make up a vegetable lasagne with white sauce.

My classic tomato sauce is:

Fry 1 large chopped Spanish onion in olive oil over a low-medium heat until soft and golden (15-20 minutes). After the first ten minutes add crushed garlic cloves.

Add tin of tomatoes, 1 tsp sugar, any herbs you like and a glug of olive oil. Simmer gentle 20-30 minutes.

I do this sauce and serve over oven roasted vegetables.

I love courgettes! If anyone is near me I'll buy excess. Same with pigeon breast!

I have so many recipes for courgette.

-fry them gently and sprinkle with parmesan before serving for a side dish.

-add to risotto bianco and stir in feta cheese before the end

-fry with cold potatoes and veg you fancy and use in Spanish omelette

-fry onion until golden, then courgette and mushroom, mix with pasta and add yoghurt or cream and Italian cheese for topping

-use with peppers and lamb pieces on wooden skewers. Brush with oil and grill, serve with rice or couscous.

-Chop into pieces and add to chilli 30 minutes before the end

-Fry and then make up a vegetable lasagne with white sauce.

My classic tomato sauce is:

Fry 1 large chopped Spanish onion in olive oil over a low-medium heat until soft and golden (15-20 minutes). After the first ten minutes add crushed garlic cloves.

Add tin of tomatoes, 1 tsp sugar, any herbs you like and a glug of olive oil. Simmer gentle 20-30 minutes.

I do this sauce and serve over oven roasted vegetables.

Thats not fair mate I am starving now I have read all that :good::lol::lol:

Thanks, some good tips there :good:

• 1 month later...

Courgette, pea and mint soup.

I don't have a recipe. I had it at my local café where the guy makes his own soups and decided to just give it a go.

Usual soup base - fry up a chopped onion and 1 or 2 small potatoes til softened. I put a couple mint leaves in now too. Then add the chopped courgettes and fry a few minutes more, Then add stock (I used vegetable but chicken would probably be ok too. Once it boils I add frozen peas and roughly torn mint leaves. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until everything's softened enough, then blitz.

Corgette sliced 1/2" thick, quarter a red onion, thickly sliced red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced carrots! Bang them in a roasting tin and a spray of oil is all they need! Pop em in the oven on a GM 7 for 20 mins shaking occasionally. After 20 mins pop in 8 quartered mushrooms, a hand full of.cherry tomato's and some cubed feta cheese or hallumi cheese and return to the oven for a further 10 to 15 mins.

You can serve it with just about anything! Fish, Meat, or keep it veggy and serve with garlic bread.

Sneak them into sauces and soups by grating them (squeeze out some of the juice first). Such an easy way to get an extra portion of veg on the family's plates.

I make a pasta bake by grating a couple of cougrettes, squeezing them well and then sweating them in a pan with a good bit of butter, salt and black pepper. Use this as a base for a white sauce flavoured with mace and strong cheese.

Add the sauce to barely-cooked pasta in a baking dish and whack it in the oven until brown, bubly and crisp.

So cheap and simple, yet it is unreasonably satisfying.

LS