Jack Pyke Kit

Longbower

I just wondered if anyone else has invested in a Jack Pyke Jacket and trouser combo?

I did , as it stated it was both waterproof, and just as important "breathable". ???

Well I sweat like a glassblowers buttocks in mine. It like wearing a couple of binbags.

The other night, I could feel water running off my fingers , It was sweat YUK. :no:

Its going in the bin, £100 worth , I am going back to good old army surplus kit.

Hi I've had jack pyke for years and I'm ready for buying my next lot. Until early this year it never let a drop in but I think the jackets a bit knackered now. As for the breathable they are or so I found but if you've been wearing the hunter jacket this time of year then there's no wonder, you should of bought the lighter fleece too. I went on a deer stalk in -10 conditions and snow and I was toasty. I suppose it can only breath to a certain extent. How old is the kit? Might have it.

Cheers.

The hunter jacket does make me sweat a lot but in winter it is a great jacket. The trousers I purchased though are **** as the pattern has faded so much. The stitching is not great either but luckily I am a dab hand with a needle and have renown the pockets.

Have to say the first kit I brought which was the Ex-German army jacket and trousers is still excellent after four years and works a treat just very heavy.

ive got the 3 in 1 jacket and trousers.

its still pushing 20 degrees so why would you need a jacket on?

during the warm weather I just wear army surplus combats as they are light and a jack pyke long sleeve t shirt, and they are fine.

last winter I wore the 3 in one jacket and trousers and thought they was great, never felt cold once even in foot and half of snow.

Rubbish gear, and when I emailed jack Pyke to complain they couldn't even bother to reply to me. I bought a jacket and trouser set for me and lad and was assured that car they were fully waterproof. One heavy shower and we were soaked to the skin!!!!. Got ridgeline gear now and they are excellent quality.

Thanks for all the replies. The basic design of the jacket is good, and I am sure its "toastie" in winter.

But , it states . "Breathable" on the tags and publicity blurb, When it clearly isn't.

I bought the whole kit. (Mug). :oops:

I wonder if the Office of Fair Trading would be interested, Or maybe BBC Watchdog.

Now that's a scary thought , Anne Robinson in Camo gear!!!!!

Why does the "Non Stick" coating, Stick to the Frying Pan,??

Thanks for all the replies. The basic design of the jacket is good, and I am sure its "toastie" in winter.

But , it states . "Breathable" on the tags and publicity blurb, When it clearly isn't.

I bought the whole kit. (Mug). :oops:

I wonder if the Office of Fair Trading would be interested, Or maybe BBC Watchdog.

Now that's a scary thought , Anne Robinson in Camo gear!!!!!

Why does the "Non Stick" coating, Stick to the Frying Pan,??

jack pyke doesnt make it

anne robinson in camo gear? mm i wonder

Surprised by some of the comments. I think it's decent quality stuff at the price which it's set at. Comparisons to much dearer attire is not a fair comparison.

Had the hunter jacket for 5 years, been through brambles and thorns; there isn't a scratch on the material and still looks as new. It's a winter jacket so I don't wear it unless it cold. It keeps the cold out well and doesn't let water in. If I was to wear it now I'm sure I'd sweat too!!

I have a cartridge bag and gun slip by them too, both about 5 years old too and again, going strong and not a single problem with them.

The only problem I faced was with their long sleeve t-shirt, where the sleeves shrunk, but that could have been our mistake in the wash!

Edited by Cosd

It says BREATHABLE it doesn't say it will wick away moisture. There is a difference! In warm weather even without a top on (bare skin) you still sweat! How much more breathable is that?

You need a fabric designed to wick away moisture.

By putting on a jacket in hot or humid weather you are asking for trouble, no matter who makes the clothing. Even in Goretex you will sweat in hot humid weather.

Buy yourself a long sleeve t-shirt or a net suit for hot weather. I am sure the jack Pyke gear will come into it's own in the winter :yes:

Yes I know its been exceptionally warm and any Jacket will make you sweat. I need to have my arms covered

as I tend to react badly to Horse Fly bites.

I don't sweat anywhere near as badly in other gear, its just the JP stuff seems like wearing bin bags.

Anyway, someone in Kenya will be enjoying its benefits as its gone in the clothes bank.

Good riddance.

Suffering from a slow metabolism, and a fast pie arm !