Beretta bead thread size?

Shropshire_Lad

Just a bit of advice. I lost mine out of a Silver Pigeon. Thinking it was a simple fix, I bought one at 2.6mm off fleebay. Didn't fit, so went round the gunsmiths. They all had beads in stock, but nothing in the correct thread. They each told me that Beretta have their own thread. I got one direct from GMK. It would be easy to wind in the wrong one and snap it off in there. Just passing on info to save you a potential problem.

I lost mine at Riseley, went to the local gun shop, they let me go thorugh all of theirs till I found one that fitted and I liked - £0.00! For an SP5, it was 2.6mm, standard thread.

AB

It may be the SP5 is different, mine is an SP1 like Pauls. I went through loads, and whilst they were very close, the thread on the Beretta is fractionally finer. Yes you could wind them in, but it wasn't right. The lad next door had lost his from his Bettinsoli, and the ones I had picked up to try were a perfect fit in his.

Thank you turbo33, just the advice I was after ;-) would rather pay double for one that fits than screw up a new gun.

atvb Paul.

No probs Paul. They sent one to me FOC, but even if its a tenner, like you I'd rather get the right one. As one gunsmith pointed out, if the thread on the barrel gets damaged, being so shallow, it could never be recut and would be an araldite job :o :no::no::no: