X Trail Door Seals

wymberley

Can any owners see any difference between the near and offside seals (they have a fancy name which I can't remember) on the inside bottom of both front doors? The rear doors have the same seal but these appear to be handed because of the spacing of the attachment clips? I wanted to take my two off to clean - really mucky, they're there to keep the crud out - so went to get some spare fasteners as some (flimsy little things) were probably on the way out. Nope, you can only get them with the seal. Which seal is going to gather the most muck and wear out quickest? Which seal costs £60+ and which costs£26 both plus VAT of course. The garage parts guy was a star and sold me just a few christmas tree clips once we'd made sure they fitted - just enough to do for a bit - and was embarrassed to have to charge me £1.63 each as they had a Nissan part number. Ordered some more off t'net for 27p each. Rip off or what?