Airgun licensing in Scotland

Scully

Today I received an e-mail from Firearms UK Scotland stating that despite 87% of all respondents opposing airgun licensing,the Scottish government is going to ignore this (even though they initiated the consultation) and press ahead with legislation.Sound familiar?

So far 16,000 responses have been generated but 20,000 would be better.If anyone hasn't yet responded,or knows someone else who hasn't,and may want to,it still isn't too late.

Many thanks.

My question is why do the scots ( a certain type), need the English for this and nothing else apparently. Simply ridiculing everything English will not help anyone and is somewhat loutish. I hope those who want to retain the status-quo decide to vote against independence, otherwise, who knows what might be on the statute books with no help from those south of the border?

I've sent it to all my friends and family.

How come only 16,000 UK shooters can be bothered to respond when it could have far reaching consequences for us in the other parts of the union. :mad:

I agree;there could be a certain element of 'I'm alright Jack' about this matter,as always appears to be the case amongst British shooters.There will be many shooters who don't own airguns and so therefore don't feel the compulsion to respond.Hasn't it always been so?

That is the one, in my opinion every member of BASC, SACS, CA, NGO etc should be sent the link and hopefully sign the petition, there should be well over 100,000 signatures.

It doesn't matter what or where you shoot, If this comes in then it's a slippery slope for shooters across the country........and who will be to blame.

My question is why do the scots ( a certain type), need the English for this and nothing else apparently. Simply ridiculing everything English will not help anyone and is somewhat loutish. I hope those who want to retain the status-quo decide to vote against independence, otherwise, who knows what might be on the statute books with no help from those south of the border?

The country may not want to stay part of the union but shooters still need to work together to stop this kind of legalisation being passed. Also if it works up there, it might give our "leaders" ideas.

We are not all pro independence nutters, some of us have enough brains to realise that it is a very bad idea. The point is we should be as members of the shooting community sticking together and supporting each other.