Why am I missing ??

Danoi99

do you use the same cartridges for the clays as you do on the birds ?

it might be that the gun kicks that little bit more you'd only need it to lift 1/2 inch extra and youd be off with tight chokes

try the heavy cart's on the clay's see what happen's

sorry about the under lining ?

if you start taking all that into concideration on top of all the other advice most of it good by the way you will end up in a crumpled heap on the floor crying your eyes out :lol:

pigeon shooting in my eyes anyway is more about instinct there is no set way of shooting them, given the different speeds angles wind etc sporting clays is much more like shooting at real targets because you get the variety of different speeds angles from the layout some are saying even George digweed that clays are always slowing down and they are I agree but even the great man which I,m surprised about didn,t mention the comparison about birds coming into decoys they are slowing down as well they have to, to get into them :good:

Edited by yickdaz

Don't listen to them all,what you have is a medical condition that can afflict a pigeon shooter at any time,it can creep up on you unaware and before you know it you couldn't hit a pigeon if it landed on your gun and looked down the barrel.

This terrible affliction is named after the poor soul who has been suffering on and off for many years,and continues to battle against it,in the medical world it is known as WELSH1 PPS(**** poor shot). :lol:

The cure is to chill and try not to think about it,it will happen,don't be like the sufferer above just enjoy being out. :good:

I must agree with most of the comments here

1. Over thinking it.

2. Putting too much lead on.

3. Expecting greater success. ( only really starting out at this lark ).

Every time I have shot a real cracker of a bird, it has been when I was eating a sarnie..........bird comes in..........I grab the gun, close it, pull the hammer back, stand up and kabooom !!! No thinking, just got on with it.

When I peek through the netting and spot the bandit at 2 o'clock........sweeping in nice and steady............starts his approach..........full flaps............about to touchdown.........I take aim, Kabooom !! Pigeon hits the afterburner, banks left and is gone !!!!!

This pigeon shooting is the most enjoyable type of shooting I have done for many years.....hit or miss..........every time I have gone out it has been memorable in some way !!! Well and truly hooked now !!!! :good::):yes:

Not easy to do ,but try and make every bird into a `snap` shot.Sounds like you may be stopping on the shot,its hard to keep

the gun moving on the apparently slow easy ones sometimes !

Guilty of same myself.