Zeroing Scope

pestbry

OK anybody got any ideas why i can't zero my gen 1 nite sight ? It s ok up and down i got it on there with just a few clicks on the turret. Now the problem is getting the crosshair over to the right ;) the furest it will click to is 2 inches left of centre then it won't come over any more :lol:

This is on my 10/22 rimmy

Can anyone PLEASE help or advise to wat is wrong :)

Many thanks

Bry

sounds like its not seated right.

what can i do ? mark

check the mounts and rail for any burrs or bumps screw, threads. take your time and try it again.

is it new or second user.

i ve had it from new had same trouble when i put it on my rapid 7. i've had it about 4yrs now hardly used it.

Is there anyway i can rest the crosshairs ?

Thanks Mark

Just had a thought could it be the doubler lenses i have attached to it?

Bry

If it mounts onto your rifle the no it doesn't need an adaptor ;)

I would check the base of the scope, the mounting part of it is likely screwed/bolted to the tube part, see if there is any play in this join, or whether if the nuts were loosened the tube could be moved horizontally in relation to the mount. (i.e. you could move where the tube is looking in relation to the mount and thus solve your problem.

I had this prob with an NV scope I had. It wasn't a Yukon though, it may have been my NS156 but I have a feeling it was the one I had before that!

If it mounts onto your rifle the no it doesn't need an adaptor ;)

I would check the base of the scope, the mounting part of it is likely screwed/bolted to the tube part, see if there is any play in this join, or whether if the nuts were loosened the tube could be moved horizontally in relation to the mount. (i.e. you could move where the tube is looking in relation to the mount and thus solve your problem.

I had this prob with an NV scope I had. It wasn't a Yukon though, it may have been my NS156 but I have a feeling it was the one I had before that!

IT took a lot of clicks to ring it accross and up could it be the crosshairs itsself?

Thanks for the info much apre saving for an archer nv from starlight

Bry

the mini ospey is designed to fit on to weaver rails (21.5mm? wide) and you have fitted it to 11mm dovetails so the barrel will look well on the **** through the scope. its stated that the built in mounts are universal this is ********, i am surprised you cant zero to the point of impact though as it should at least be parallel to the barrel even though its mounted 5mm to one side.

when i had one i bought an 11mm dovetail-weaver adaptor with the down side of raising the nv 1/2", might be worth a look.