Another auction bargain, what's your cheapest gun?

Wagtail

Had my first outing this morning with my Mirocchi O/U 12 bore (on clays) bought for the princely sum of £80 at Netherhampton sporting goods auction (Salisbury)last weekend. It's 27.5" barrels, single trigger and an ejector in good overall condition with good woodwork and clean bores. Even allowing for the fact it had me behind it, it shot well enough for me to know that those missed were down to me not the gun. The last gun I bought there was a Spanish box lock sbs for £25 which everyone that's shot it says is a great little gun so overall two cracking bargains. Neither expensive guns in the first place I know but they both seem to perform well enough so no moans.

So to my question do you need to spend a lot for a reasonable / good gun and what's the cheapest gun in your collection?

A little Belgian made sxs 12 bore for the princely sum of 50 quid is the cheapest I own,used exclusively by a mate on rough shooting days,but the cheapest one I've owned was an o/u double trigger Baikel.It was free and I gave it to another mate who wanted to shoot but didn't have the funds at the time.

This is a thread the dealers will not join :lol:

They're more than welcome there's always a couple at the auctions :) . Have to say there's a place for everyone. I've always been on a tight budget for my shooting (ask the wife!!!) although I did buy my Hatsan brand new from Avalon Guns who were very keenly priced and gave first class service but at those prices £80 for an O/U who wouldn't?

Edited by Wagtail

A few year back a chap giving in as he was moving abroad sold me his Beretta S56E and a W R Leeson boxlock live pigeon gun for £250 the pair!

A few year later a poor chap was in a spot of bother with the law and had to relinquish his 6 shotties!

Browning A5

Winchester 1200 iirc

Mossberg A500 (brand new)

2 x Remington 11

And a Franchi.

Got the lot for £300

Then at Auction I bought a Hugsan Semi auto magnum with walnut furniture for £90

A couple of SbS's for about £15 each and a BSA Meteor in MINT nick for £8 which I gave to a lad who wanted it to get his Son into shooting.

I have done OK for cheapo's.

Most recent is a O\U hide gun again in VERY good nice for £50

Was given a BSA 410 single bolt action by my mate! Strange looking bolt (never seen one before) funny sort of safety system on it.

Was also given a Miguel Uggartachia (spelling) imported by Page wood s/s 12 which hadn't had a box of cartridges through it, so like new

but plod had broken the but plate when they had seized it of him a few weeks before, I expect they thought they were going scrap it!

So I've been very lucky and still use both today

My English Game gun, Birmingham made and about 100 years old and cost me the princely sum of £85.

is it a midland. if so i have the same gun but paid £120 for mine. worth every penny.

as for my best bargain a bsa snipe single 12 i bought years ago for £30 full choke ejector. i shot a lot of foxes with that gun.

gave it away to a young lad in the end but wish i had kept it.

An old sbs ble I bought covered in olive drab paint that had been found in an attic where the owner left it after using it in the home Gaurd sold by an RFD for the new house owners for £75. Striped it of all paint got a surprise when I found a nice bit of wood and the name Westley Richards engraved on action and barrels.

First gun I bought myself at 18 everyone laughed at until I stripped it all.

my aya no2 off an old boy with arthritis, 150 quid, actually went to pay 100 for his aya magnum and left with the pair but have recently passed on the magnum to a friend.

An old sbs ble I bought covered in olive drab paint that had been found in an attic where the owner left it after using it in the home Gaurd sold by an RFD for the new house owners for £75. Striped it of all paint got a surprise when I found a nice bit of wood and the name Westley Richards engraved on action and barrels.

First gun I bought myself at 18 everyone laughed at until I stripped it all.

You still got it? Nice guns.

Folding Topliss 410 shot 100s rabbitts over the past 30 and other things First gun I shot anything with Cooey single barrell thought I would re live my youth and buy one cant find one any good only rusty rubbish or too far away or very expensive Well I will keep looking

£100 for my old Baikal Hammer Gun. An older gent at my local shooting ground needed to make room for a new gun in his safe.

Went round his house to collect it......what a day !! He had guns galore for me to look at : Winchester Rifle ( old cowboy job ) Brown Bess, Sharps Rifle, Wheel lock, Flint Lock, Match Lock + loads of single action muzzle loaders.

It was great to see a real enthusiast at work..........the bloke casts all his own ammo and all that jazz !!! His wife looked bored to tears with it all. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mines a baikal mp153 semi auto. Cost 200 quid second hand and looks a bit scruffybut it does the biz! And never lets me down. Iv dragged it through mud and water during the winter but its never failed. I was thinkin of changing the butt and fore end for synthetic but i cant seem to find the bits any where! Any ideas any one?

Cheers

Graeme

Mines a baikal mp153 semi auto. Cost 200 quid second hand and looks a bit scruffybut it does the biz! And never lets me down. Iv dragged it through mud and water during the winter but its never failed. I was thinkin of changing the butt and fore end for synthetic but i cant seem to find the bits any where! Any ideas any one?

Cheers

Graeme

I had the timber one afew years ago but sold it as i got offered a daft price. But i now have a new one with synthetic stock and fore-end and i prefered the timber one.

PS i paid £230 for mine new

I had the timber one afew years ago but sold it as i got offered a daft price. But i now have a new one with synthetic stock and fore-end and i prefered the timber one.

PS i paid £230 for mine new

Do you fancy swapping your parts for my wooden parts? Pm me if interested

Graeme