The Usual Noob Airgunner post

Rob Spurr

I'm completely new to Air Guns ive got very little experience with them but i want to buy one. At first i had alot of choices but narrowed them down a little. I first thought the RatCatcher would be a good gun for me because it is quite cheap http://www.euroguns.co.uk/acatalog/Crossman.html but then i saw the Air Arms S200 and saw all the good reviews its had, and also like the look of it. Although the price was not too much the cost of refilling or buying a pump was :lol: So now i am stuck looking for an air rifle and i need a little help as its getting very close to xmas and its sposed to be a present.

The things i'd like with my Air rifle is .177 cal. Bolt action, single shot or multi-shot, right handed stock not bothered about wood type but maybe youve got comments on that preferably thumbhole stock, not above £300 that includes C02 guns, and if it is C02 a cheap way of refilling it lol ??? . The shop need to be in the UK prefereably Yorkshire so i can go see the guns myself but aslong as its in the UK i can but it mail order.

If any1 can help me find a gun or knows a good gun that might suit me plz reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Rob Spurr

lo rob

what is the gun u want going to be used for, ie hunting, field target, plingking ect,

i"ve used a lot of co2 guns for hunting myself, vgood and consistant, but i keep going back to my trusty hw80, for your money you could do a lot worse,

with regards to refilling your co2 bottle try your local scuba shop,

ps,

u can also push the power of the 80s right up if thats what you

want

good hunting!

Rob, go with the air arms you won't be dissapointed i use one in .177 and they are spot on, as for the extra cost of a pump if you work out how many shots you will fire in a year as i did you will find the pump is the cheaper option. It will also fit 99% of other pcp to so even if in a couple of years you decide its time for a change you will not need to buy another pump.

Hope this helps

Leon

Rob

The best advice is to go along to a club. You don't say whereabouts in Yorkshire you are . If anywhere near Wakefield try Redfearns http://www.redfearnftc.co.uk. At a club you'll get the best advice and a chance to try different guns. Avoid CO2 like the plague as they are ruled by ambient temperature and are not cheap to run. Most of them are badly built too (Crosmans). At £300 you could get a BSA Spitfire combo and pump brand new or a S200 combo and pump secondhand. Alternatively you will get a top of the range new spring gun (TX200) and basic scope for £300 or a good springer (HW95) and good scope (Predator).