£10000 wot 4x4

trowel 7

will there be a lot more choice of used cars after september?

As sales are on the up you might not get such a good deal if things continue to improve.... but this is just from the "news" and that can be fudged a bit. Some car traders may be on here and able to expand/correct this.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Freelander 2 and have been very disappointed with it. Had two clutches replaced "one under warranty" the second one cost me £1,000.

It might not of been so bad but I had only done 5,000 miles. Had a verity of problems which cost me over £3,500 over 3,000 miles so got rid of the dam thing.

Just got myself a ford ranger double cab so I can put the guns in the back and all my decoys, batteries, nets and all the rest of my gear in the rear with out any worries of pigeon blood, mud and the like. Don't have to worry about damaging the rear load liner like you would if you dropped the seats of a fancy expensive 4x4. Can also cover the truck with cammo netting and sit in the back and shoot. Win win situation I think.

You can get a Subaru Forester boxer diesel for under ten grand now,not an out and out 4 wd obviously but it will surprise you how capable off road they are.

I bought one for the missus because she refused to drive in the snow, I use it for shooting and it serves both purposes.

Subaru make robust reliable cars and it returns 46 plus mpg on a run 39 mpg around town.Outstanding.

You can get a Subaru Forester boxer diesel for under ten grand now,not an out and out 4 wd obviously but it will surprise you how capable off road they are.

I bought one for the missus because she refused to drive in the snow, I use it for shooting and it serves both purposes.

Subaru make robust reliable cars and it returns 46 plus mpg on a run 39 mpg around town.Outstanding.

Is that auto or manual?

• 2 weeks later...

I work for an electricity company that buys hundreds of cars/vans and they will not buy any more freelancers any more because they cost too much to keep on the road,there are a few that are ok but the others have had major problems,engines,gearboxes,clutches.

They started buying ford rangers and the Nissan one I can't remember the name and they are proving to be reliable.

I hope you get a good one