BSA R10 MK2 or Rapid MK1 FAC

Michaeli

Hi guys.

So im buy a FAC .22 Air rifle and dont know that much about the diffent ones out there etc. so after looking round i have found two that i like the sound of but i dont what to go for.

Here is the Rapid MK1

Nice clean used condition mk1 rapid in 2.2 fac , with lots of extras its has the 16" barrel with set silencer ,quick fill fitted,Kev g internals at the beginning of the year ,up rated cocking handle,dr bobs dovetail rail + standard mounts ,neoprene bottle cover, sling studs ,a 12 shot mag and is topped with a mtc mamba 4-12/44 its running at a very consistent 28 ft lbs

He's wanting £500 and it will cost me £40 to collect.

Heres the R10 MK2

FAC bsa r 10 mk2 .22 factory made at 30 ft/lbs shrouded barel. 2 ten shot magazines. nice dark wood stock. with a hogan decimeater silencer if your fac allows a moderator. guns in really good condition. shoots realy acurate with beasly magnums got the original receipt. only a few months old so shouldn't need servicing for a few years yet. collection only.

He's also wanting £500 and will cost £25 in fuel

(have also seen one for sale in skipton for £450)

So which is best. Now the R10 does not come with a scope weres as the rapid does buts is an older gun. But then again if the rapid is nearly the same price as a nearly new R10 does that say somthing.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

Michael

I would go Rapid out of that pair. The Mark 1 R10 is known to be a swine for failing regulators and I know why. It was explained to me by John Bowkett (precharged BSA Demi God) that BSA used the wrong O rings in the regulators and they collapse, causes hell and all problems so just leave the BSA alone or buy one that has been Bowkett Blueprinted or factor that cost in as well.

Might I suggest something else to tickle your fancy sir?

The BSA Super 10. The rifle the R10 should have been but was not. The Super 10 is superbly accurate, reliable, good shot count (in standard FAC form of 28 ft lb a shot count of 60 in .22), they are affordable and are probably the best BSA PCP ever made!

Edited by secretagentmole

i wish you could just shoot my rapid,its the same as mentioned, i know then which one you would pick, i put a video on here last year shooting rabbits with mine, if you can find the video some how thats what a rapid can do,cheers simon...the r10 is also a accurate gun, but in fac ime not to sure....

i wish you could just shoot my rapid,its the same as mentioned, i know then which one you would pick, i put a video on here last year shooting rabbits with mine, if you can find the video some how thats what a rapid can do,cheers simon...the r10 is also a accurate gun, but in fac ime not to sure....

Hi there

That would be nice but........

I picked mine up last night :) I went with the rapid above.

Took it to the range this evening and it was really good. A few off pellets but most were in the bull at 25 meters.

Will be zeroing it in at 50 yards tomorrow before hitting the golf course tomorrow night.

Thanks

Michael

Hi there

That would be nice but........

I picked mine up last night :) I went with the rapid above.

Took it to the range this evening and it was really good. A few off pellets but most were in the bull at 25 meters.

Will be zeroing it in at 50 yards tomorrow before hitting the golf course tomorrow night.

Thanks

Michael

Hey bud glad you like your new gun. If I were you though fella I would have a look at chairgun and see what your best zero range would be.

You may find if you zero about 40 yards you will get flat shooting from around ten to around 50 yards.

Karpman

Strelok is the Iphone and Android app previously mentioned by Karpman (aided and abetted by amnesia which is why he could not remember the name).

Found that one as well but it's £2.99 or £5.49 for the pro.

Chair gun is free. I will try that first and see how I get in. Is Strelok any better than chair gun?

Thanks

Michael