Accused of being racist

Pinkella

This morning a man walked into my warehouse and asked my despatch man if there were any jobs. So my despatch man came over to me and said this man was asking about a job.

I spoke to said man and asked him what kind of work was he after. He couldn't understand me very well, when I asked him where he was from, he said "You are a racist because I no English"

So I asked him to leave.

Why would I employ someone who cant even understand what I'm asking them to do!

I feel really angry, I'm going to throw a printer out the window!

This morning a man walked into my warehouse and asked my despatch man if there were any jobs. So my despatch man came over to me and said this man was asking about a job.

I spoke to said man and asked him what kind of work was he after. He couldn't understand me very well, when I asked him where he was from, he said "You are a racist because I no English"

So I asked him to leave.

Are you sure he didn't ask you if you were racy? Don't throw your printer out of the window as you will not get your type-script done and he will take you to an industrial tribunal. :lol:

Cheer up, that is just the sad way a chunk of our society has gone :/

Default comment these days, from disgruntled ethnic minorities and the industry that supports them I'm afraid. Been at the sharp end of this.

Its so frustrating Penelope

Are you sure he didn't ask you if you were racy? Don't throw your printer out of the window as you will not get your type-script done and he will take you to an industrial tribunal. :lol:

Cheer up, that is just the sad way a chunk of our society has gone :/

cheers malkiserow :) never been accused of being racy before lol

I think it's a shame that people respond in the way this guy has. However, we had someone screw up an interview at work a while ago so we got sent on a course. Here is the summary to help avoid the problem in future;

An interview (even if informal) must be to ***** the candidates ability to do the job, and nothing more. By asking where they're from they could argue that you're judging them on something other than their merits.

In this example you'd have realised that you couldn't communicate clearly, and that would be enough to rule them out. Delving deeper in this instance will turn poor communication skills into racial discrimination complaint.

Anything about race, ethnicity, sex, religion, origin, age, disabilities, marital status etc should be avoided.

I think it's a shame that people respond in the way this guy has. However, we had someone screw up an interview at work a while ago so we got sent on a course. Here is the summary to help avoid the problem in future;

An interview (even if informal) must be to ***** the candidates ability to do the job, and nothing more. By asking where they're from they could argue that you're judging them on something other than their merits.

In this example you'd have realised that you couldn't communicate clearly, and that would be enough to rule them out. Delving deeper in this instance will turn poor communication skills into racial discrimination complaint.

Anything about race, ethnicity, sex, religion, origin, age, disabilities, marital status etc should be avoided.

So you can't even ask them for sex any more :/

we supposedly have an english first policy at work never have so many eastern no speeky english europeans and africans been employed in one place.fair play to the plant manger when asked for signs in polish he told them to do one as theyre all supposed to have passed a written ingleesh test :oops:

So I asked him to leave.

Bet they could understand if wages was wrong

The son of one of the farmers where I shoot was having raging tooth ache problems so booked an emergency appointment with a dentist. Got to the place and into the chair to be confronted by a black pillar box with a pair of eyes peeking out. He got up and walked out. Was that racist or merely him not trusting his dental health to somebody who was hiding from him?

The son of one of the farmers where I shoot was having raging tooth ache problems so booked an emergency appointment with a dentist. Got to the place and into the chair to be confronted by a black pillar box with a pair of eyes peeking out. He got up and walked out. Was that racist or merely him not trusting his dental health to somebody who was hiding from him?

there his teeth so he has the right to decide who handles them.

So I asked him to leave.

I feel really angry, I'm going to throw the printer out the window!

Don't tell us he's foreign too :unsure: :lol:

Guest cookoff013

lol.

thats just funny. on a slightly different note, i work with mainly foreign people who have been extremely well educated.

they speak english better than i.

!

I can relate to the op's story. I own a shop and regularly get village idiots and wallys popping in asking 'got any jobs mate'. But yesterday was a cracker.

Lad swings open front door and just leans his head in. Shouts 'ear are you the guvnor' in which I replied 'yes, can I help you'

The response 'got and jobs bruv'. I sarcastically looked behind me to one of my staff and said 'gaz, is this your brother' we both started laughing he then called me a waynecooor!!!

His hat was balanced on the top of his head, just off square, his jeans waste line were well below his pubic line, I now know the make of his pants- something along the lines of very dry and he couldn't be even bothered to come in and ask nicely. He then calls me the 'hand movement' name.

Edited by daz2202