Rabbits... Are numbers up/down in your area?

turbo33

More about this yr on my perms. Every third one i shot last yr had myxie too. Shot more this yr and not had one with any signs of it so lets hope it stays that way. I also had a kit about four inch long come sniff my shotgun other day whilst stood against a hedgerow waiting for pigeons so plenty young still about, was nice to get so close and watch it i reckon it had only very recently opened its eyes and didnt care i was stood there at all unlike its fully grown friend who popped out about 20m away and got a load of shot for breakfast.

Edited by Paul taylor

My permissions are west of London and I've been averaging around ten an outing in two hour late afternoon sessions. Not many small ones about, just big rabbits. One new permission, sprouted another two down the lane, which allows me to move from farm to farm. I've already shot out the first permission, a typical session starting with my Magtech .22 semi auto with red dot sight and finishing with the CZ 452 HMR.

post-62421-0-30040700-1381868844_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rabbit numbers seem to vary dramatically,some farms I have in Shropshire,wich have always held good numbers ,are simply dead ,of rabbits ,the odd one here and there .i walked a large patch the other night with the nite site,covered three farms on the welsh border,covered about,450acres ,very poor ,Shropshire is the same all over,the odd hot spot,here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Rabbit numbers seem to vary dramatically,some farms I have in Shropshire,wich have always held good numbers ,are simply dead ,of rabbits ,the odd one here and there .i walked a large patch the other night with the nite site,covered three farms on the welsh border,covered about,450acres ,very poor ,Shropshire is the same all over,the odd hot spot,here and there.

You must be quite close to most of my farms around Whitchurch. I was out with the lamp the other night and saw plenty so I guess you've scared them off yours and on to mine! Lucky eh!

GH

Wouldn't say the numbers are up or down on my areas just the same as usual.

Always have a few places that have loads on and a few places with nothing.

We did shoot 45 off a 6 acre field in the space of about 1 hour during the summer so we have hit them quite hard this year.

Guest rimotu66

nothing round here at all.

never been so bad! even though i go out foxing most of the time i still don't see a rabbit whilst i'm out on most of my shoots!

Its the same here, mixy sorted them out 3 years ago and they have never recovered, was out last night and saw 1 in 2000 acres, been a long time since ive eaten rabbit :no:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...