pigeon shooting

babs2020

hi guys was out for a few hours yesterday over cut peas setup was a lot of pigeon on field when i got there at 8 am there was flight line all over the place so set up under a tree with magnet out was very slow had about 9 in 3 hours so move and

set up again was still slow but was getting pigeon to come in but was jinking far out and was not sure why so took magnet down and they started to come in did not have a massive bag but 40 for day was happy this is the first time i have every took to magnet down

hi guys was out for a few hours yesterday over cut peas setup was a lot of pigeon on field when i got there at 8 am there was flight line all over the place so set up under a tree with magnet out was very slow had about 9 in 3 hours so move and

set up again was still slow but was getting pigeon to come in but was jinking far out and was not sure why so took magnet down and they started to come in did not have a massive bag but 40 for day was happy this is the first time i have every took to magnet down

As I've posted previously lately I've not been using the magnet and had some great results, this time of the year they see too many magnets.

i went out yesterday with my friend who has just started shooting and has never been pigeonshooting before, we did not get set up while 1.30 using 12 decoys standardish horseshoe pattern around 25 / 35 yds out with a 25yd gap inbetween

also a magnet around 10 yds out from the hedge we where sat under and around 30yds to the left,

every bird that came in was inbetween the hedge we were sat under and the magnet around 30 yds from us

none seemed to be interested in the decoys they just seemed hell bent on parking up 5 yds away from the rotary.

i wasn't complaining as every bird on the flightline came into the rotary not the decoys

ended up with 31, 24 for me and 7 to my mate also a nosey jackdaw in 3 hrs, my freind is not the best at the moment but towards the end was shooting better after plenty of pointers, (after missing around 20 birds also my battery nearly needing a bullet proof vest more than once)

:whistling: , we have all been there..

not brilliant but a good steady afternoon

without the rotary i dont think i would have reached 12 :sad1:

i dare say if i had been on my own for 6 or 7 hrs i should have reached 100

................shooting over barley stubble................

Edited by markreed

If you take all of your time setting up in the right place. Putting your decoys and you're magnet put. Never be scared to change. if I have Pigeons flicking away from my decoyed pattern switch off the magnet. And if I shoots I Field that has been shot a lot with people using pigeon magnets I won't even take mine.

The birds will shy away.

Good luck and keep them dropping