.17 hmr recommendations

Ttfjlc

True. But in over 3000 rounds I've only had it happen once. Hornady seem to be the culprits but they're also the most accurate in my rifle. As long as you are aware you will be safe. If you misfire and eject what appears to be a spent round stop shooting and examine the barrel. They're easy enough to tap out with a rod.

You will never NEED anything more than a CZ can provide for field use, reliability, repeatability, accuracy, etc!

Some people just prefer other makes, simple as!

Agreed in many respects but -

That's a bit like saying you need nothing more than a baikal. But the majority of people don't buy one.

Issues with HMR ammo are well known and until someone invents a new way of making them and a 100% guarantee on quality control they will continue.

NO "make" is immune, problems happen with all makes, trawl back over history here/other shooting sites, and you will find any and every make you can think of has had reported issues.

Many HMR are still manufactured by CCI and just branded, you will always get batch problems, which will lead people to say X, Y or X brand is useless, I never have a problem with brand A.

You are playing the odds game here, I have had HMR issues with CCI, Winchester, Federal, Remington and Hornady, most problems by a mile with Hornady, but that is simply because I use more Hornady than any other brand, by a mile!

:yes::good:

I'm noticing hornady are sometimes not being ballistic ??? Their passing through the Target with out exploding . It's only happened a few times .

I shot 3 rabbits at 140 yards in the head in 3 shots last week with my cz :) their awesome

140_yards.jpg

how to take a screenshot on a pc

I was sat by rabbits I'd shot but the firing position was by the pylon :)

Edited by team tractor

3 rabbits 3 shots at 140 yards? That's my kinda gun! :) it is for that reason why I'll be looking to get one in the near future, I was out last night with the .22 and the amount of rabbits that went to cover as soon as they got the lamp on them was unreal.

I love the rnd....

16" barrel CZ .... Decent glass, mod, bipod and a lighter trigger = dead bunny at 100yrds +

As mentioned before ... All hmr ammo made in same CCI factory.... Just different head & primers ..

But,

The funny thing is... Mine groups really well with Winchester 17gr, and CCI TNT 17gr hollow point .. But not to good with anything else

Really bad with 20grn FMJ ....

In the shooting world, the HMR is very marmite .....

The cz is ALL you will need...... as long as you sand down the stock in the barrel channel and fit a trigger kit !

Something you probably dont need to do on other makes.

Having said that they perform really well and i have taken 60 rabbits this week with mine.

The cz is ALL you will need...... as long as you sand down the stock in the barrel channel and fit a trigger kit !

Something you probably dont need to do on other makes.

Having said that they perform really well and i have taken 60 rabbits this week with mine.

Cz455 and done nothing to it . I've left the trigger and still shoot bunny 130+ head shots :)

Cz455 and done nothing to it . I've left the trigger and still shoot bunny 130+ head shots :)

It does seem to be the earlier models that suffer with the barrel touching the channel and throwing shots but to be fair the sanding cost nowt and the trigger kit is about £15 and a doddle to fit and really makes a world of difference.

It does seem to be the earlier models that suffer with the barrel touching the channel and throwing shots but to be fair the sanding cost nowt and the trigger kit is about £15 and a doddle to fit and really makes a world of difference.

It's really worth doing this on the synthetic models. I did it on the .22lr and can easily achieve <1" groups at 125 yards and 2 out of 3 shots I can hit a lucazade top at 145 yards.

I do shoot alot of rounds every week and use a range finder and ballistic app but huge difference.

I've just brought a marlin hmr as I got it at half of retail (brand new). So ill post up and let you know what it's like. If it wasn't for that deal I would have gone cz.

Well cz it will be then! Like I said in an earlier post, just gotta wait to see when I get my new certificates! Then I have the recently new problem of my other half having a go with me clay shooting last week to which she commented on how fun it was! :( looks like I'll be on the look out for a cheap 20 bore starter gun