3" steel loading data for CSB0

Evening all,

I have loaded up some 12 bore 37gram steel loads with CSB0 this week with a roll turn over, but my auto does not seem to like the length of the unfired cartridge so i am looking for some lighter loads with the same powder.

Does anyone know of any data for a lighter load that can be crimped? I've had a google but couldn't find anything.

thanks

mat

you will be lucky to find any 3" crimp finish data for CSBO unless anyone has had it proofed at there own cost clay game only did rto in the 3" I have used the lbc43 and 34 grams of shot in a 23/4" new ched/cut down 3" case and finished it with a RTO with the same powder charge as the 3" loads it shot well but you use this at your own risk

I found 40grains more than enough in this load

cheers UK

you will be lucky to find any 3" crimp finish data for CSBO unless anyone has had it proofed at there own cost clay game only did rto in the 3" I have used the lbc43 and 34 grams of shot in a 23/4" new ched/cut down 3" case and finished it with a RTO with the same powder charge as the 3" loads it shot well but you use this at your own risk

cheers UK

I've got some LBC 43s here so will try it, you are the second person to suggest 34 grams of shot! I may get some proofed just to be on the safe side.

• 3 years later...

take a 0.1-0.05 g off the original recipe and star crimp to 66mm exactly (DONT GO LOWER) pattern test and see what suits your gun/choke best

I proofed all my load (20 gauge) to C&G and most are in 3-3.5" all star crimped and they have no issue whatsoever in proofing them

I tested Normal and magnum lead & ITX recently with no issues.

Ceers,

• 4 years later...
On 03/09/2013 at 13:36, UK fowler said:

cheers UK

Might try this load later on.I still have a dose of the green case primed  cheddites  that need loading up. They are 23/4 cases and wont hold a big load of steel. 

Edited by bishop

• 1 month later...
On 03/09/2013 at 13:36, UK fowler said:

cheers UK

Loaded up a half dozen using mammoth steel once fire hulls and trimmed down for  the RTO. ill see what i think after tomorrows flight if there is one.