Beretta SP1 Fallin' to bits

MuPPeT_ON_TouR

2 pionts

1: Beretta don't have the same quality control and finish process they used to because they mass produce

2: because they mass produce,there unit cost is very low.

GMK should take one look at the damage and get a replacement sent from the factory in under a week and send it with a slab of carts as compensation,not say 9 months to repair.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I used to be a metal polisher for 10 years and have seen a lot if nickel and chrome.

I would say for plating to come of that easy it never took on that spot , maybe no cleaned right !

To take 6 months to strip , re polish and re plate is a joke !! We could do a whole classic cars worth of stripping , polishing and plating in less that 2 weeks !!

I after reading this post will never buy beretta again but will now stick to brownin.

I would demand my money back or a swap for a browning but that's me , I have not heard many nice words said about new beretta a for a while.

Ask for money back you won't be happy with the gun you have

Dom

so much for "you get what you pay for"! I here that more on this forum than any other!

My Brother recently got a new beretta, I was interested to see the quality of the famed beretta but I have to say that for the money spent I wasnt that impressed, I certainly wouldnt buy one!

Edited by thepasty

Its a shame the quality of beretta has gone down hill. A friend of mine had 2 brand new sp1s replaced by gmk, both had pitted bores within 6 months the chrome linings had been too thin on both the bores. I went into the London gallery recently and handled a couple of eell's. One of which the top rib had not been soldered on correctly leaving marks on the barrels and a gap.

I would be pressuring gmk into replacing the whole gun under warranty, 9 months is ridiculous, I would seek to send them the old gun for a like for like replacement until yours is returned, it Would be interesting to see if beretta usa would make you wait 9 months.

personally I dont think you can beat a miroku for quality but I just cant shoot those aswell as a beretta.

1: Beretta don't have the same quality control and finish process they used to because they mass produce

They have been for years, like a few others on here I have 687 from the '80s I am not kidding myself it was hand made by a craftsman in Italy, I was was spat out of a by CNC machine like all the others.

so it looks like beretta will be going bankrupt then by these reports. they make in excess of forty thousand guns a year so obviously a few are going to fail and most likely the lower end of the range.all makers suffer this. apart from complaining to your dealer and gmk what action have you taken maybe getting some professional advice may help.trading standards maybe?.your dealer is the first port of call after all he sold you the defective item he cant wash his hands of it.it ishould be down to him to replace and then he sort it with gmk and them to sort it with the factory.you have to fight for your rights.company's go bust due to one thing only lack of sales and if beretta or any other maker was that bad they would have gone to the wall now but they are the biggest so that tells a story.you pay twenty to thirty thousand for a car that gives you around ten years service with a lot of expense along the way yet we expect a 14 or 15 hundred pound item to last for ever take all the tax's and factory importer and dealer profits out you really are not paying that much to expect lifelong quality.its a shame but that's life I am afraid

As I only found out on Friday that their service was a joke and have not yet found out if my concerns about just "cleaning" the effected area are valid then as yet I have not decided on what my course of action will be. Trading standards will say that they must be given reasonable time to fix the problem, only if they don't can I pursue further options.

At no point do I have any delusions that a gun costing £1300 would last a lifetime with no problems, but I was hoping it would be in a fair condition to hand down to my son when he is old enough in a few years time, I bought it knowing spare parts and the expertise to fix it would still be around in years to come.

When talking about the scale of purchase, as you can get far far far cheaper on the scale I do expect more than 350 carts and 4 bloody outings from a Beretta even one from the lower end of the scale, I'm pretty sure that's not unreasonable, and I'm bloody sure 6 - 9 months to put right IS bloody unreasonable.

As soon as I find out if my concerns have merit then I can go to them and say why I find their course of action unacceptable, then starts a whole load of **** and hassle, when all I want to do is use what I paid for.

Mate had his auto sent back to Beretta, as the receiver was bubbling.

I understand that GMK wait until they get a reasonable batch of guns, before sending them back. Presumably they wait until they get - say - a dozen autos or whichever model to send back. They don't come in every day, so your gun is basically waiting for others to suffer the same misfortune before being packed up and back to Italy.

It's a shame because Berettas are fine guns.

They have been for years, like a few others on here I have 687 from the '80s I am not kidding myself it was hand made by a craftsman in Italy, I was was spat out of a by CNC machine like all the others.

i read a couple of years ago the Beretta new quality control is to take a few guns of production line and interchange all parts,if they all fit then they are happy.Just like LEGO then!!I have brownings and Perazzi's for a reason,(I used to be a Beretta man till my A400 went wrong and GMK said it me loading gun incorrectly,I think you still drop the shells in don't you???)

I would say exactly the same on the basis of my experience with two 325s. Wonderful guns.

I owned a Browning 125 'C' grade for 25 years, during the first 6 months the stock split by the hand grip, the stock was eventually replaced on guarantee.

I had three stocks replaced due to cracking over 25 years - very expensive.

Recently I got rid of the gun, sold it at a discounted price due to the stock having another split, I look after my guns very well and they don't have a lot of use, I liked the Browning but I was sick of having the cost of replacing the woodwork!

I now own 2 Berettas and have had no problems with either of them!

General wear & tear?

I think you are all being very pedantic! of course a gun is going to get some wear marks from, because if it didnt it would be rediculously tight (and then you would all moan about that!) i have had 2 brand new Berettas in my time a silver pigeon S 20 Bore and a Silver pigeon 3 12 Bore! all new relatively cheap guns (lets face it) need some fettling! i had to file the forend catch on my 20 as it wouldnt close properly without manually pushing it down (simple job).

they all get wear on the bearing edge of the action and inside the forend, its what is called movement and wearing in! under the safety catch is another common one, because again it moves!

i can understand sending it back and moaning if the gun is jammed shut or doesnt fire correctly because that isnt acceptable. but for usual wear and tear marks... i dont think so...

if you want a gun you can get out of the case from new and everything is butter smooth and all surfaces are floating so they dont mark anything. go buy a holland and holland or a purdey.

But then you would all moan about the price! LOL

callum