Whining

wulliewinky

I don't think they are aware they are even doing this so slaps on the nose will probably not work , agree with the others to much to soon especially the hide work, I did the same with a cocker many years ago, never cured and used to drive me mad pigeon and duck shooting.

Walked up shooting or beating he was not to bad and I could live with it

Id try break down the behaviour, it may be long winded but at least if he does it wrong he will know. It may work for one dog but not another. This is what id attempt.

I bet the dog doesn't whine sitting in the garden next to you on a chair does he? I personally would go outside with a chair sit there for 10 minutes with him next to you and praise if he's quiet.

Then put the net up and set the hide up. Sit again and praise if he doesn't do anything again give it 10 minutes. Id do this over the course of a few days.

Next introduce the gun to the hide in the garden, sit there if he sits quietly. Maybe throw the odd dummy out in the garden and send him for it. Praise if no whining.

Next to the field with the chair. Sit in the field 10 minutes with no whining. If he whines without the hide and the gun then target the whine instantly. Id grab him round the scruff shake and a telling off. Your the boss strong powerful voice intimidate but dont hurt the dog. If he doesnt whine praise and leave the field for another day. Come back again maybe with the nets and set up the hide. No gun just the hide sitting quietly.

Next introduce the gun in the hide again sitting quietly.

Next the gun in the hide and throw a few dummies out.

Do it in stages and see if you can break down the behaviour. Target it as soon as he does it and don't allow any whine at all.