N.Ireland

Dr D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good friend of mine shot 200 plus a few weeks ago and he tells me he shot 100 more on Friday. But he still headed Down south on sunday and shot over 500 between 3 guns near drogheda some where!

few lads told me the South is great this year. I applied for permit got a letter back saying there was to many Northern applications this year and to try again next year.

I hate when that happens. Can you not get under one of the flightlines.

Unfortunately not. Horses on one side and uncut barley on the other. The birds are also coming from distance so without alot of wind the majority would be too high. Its a big field so they are hard to get at. I will just go somewhere else. Id rather do that than settle in down the line just to watch them passing overhead.

Edited by Dr D

Out and about today for a scout. Not good. Shot 9. Looks like the wind this week has finished them off. No more for me I'm afraid until they clear up the beech mast and acorns. Hey ho.... Its the same every year. Roll on november...

Out and about today for a scout. Not good. Shot 9. Looks like the wind this week has finished them off. No more for me I'm afraid until they clear up the beech mast and acorns. Hey ho.... Its the same every year. Roll on november...

You shot 9 more than me anyway!

Atb SW

No joy tonight then? I thought you would be out after a duck

No joy tonight then? I thought you would be out after a duck

No joy there either i'm afraid, out Friday night and was quite dissapointed, there always next time, was fed up with shooting cause that was the third time id drawn a blank, so went fishing yesterday instead and caught myself 5 brown trout from my local river was quite chuffed with myself.

Well done. Strangford can be frustrating. Good job on thetrout though. Were you fishing the blackwater

No mate was on a little local river called the dibny, river is in really poor condition I'm surprised sea trout and brown trout can breed in it, thats y I was so chuffed with myself

Cheers atb strangford wildfowler

Edited by strangford wildfowler

• 3 weeks later...

Hollow Farm in comber has an olympic skeet stand and is much closer to you. Theres also DTL and compact sporting. Thinking about getting a new silver pigeon after Christmas and start shooting more clays. Also there's plenty of ducks around, lots of water laying in the fields so they are just spread out.

I have been to hallow farm a few times, I didn't know that was Olympic skeet I thought it was pretty easy but that compact sporting is deadly very hard, how much does a brand new silver pigeon go for?

I have been to hallow farm a few times, I didn't know that was Olympic skeet I thought it was pretty easy but that compact sporting is deadly very hard, how much does a brand new silver pigeon go for?

Each model varies brand new for a silver pigeon 1 is just under £1400, going over £2100 for the silver pigeon V.