N.Ireland

Dr D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need a partner tp button Hollow Farm. Tannyoky is acoustic so you feed the machine a token and off you go, DTL anyway. It's great for practice by yourself.

I get my da to come and press the button, DLT is good fun especially when you have mini competitions with people.

Few birds starting to show. I watched a field in between the rain today with a couple of hundred feeding on it. The majority are still in the woods though. Took the dog for a walk and got a couple of pheasants. I think another few weeks and the birds should start appearing. Just need a drop in temperature and the decoys will be back out. I have had a couple of nights at duck recently. Few mallard and teal. I am going to have a brace tomorrow for the dinner.

Couple of longtails this afternoon. I did see a field with a few of hundred pigeons on it, but I let them be. There is alot of feeding on the field and the birds will act like a magnet when the boys with kilts arrive

Edited by Dr D

Couple of longtails this afternoon. I did see a field with a few of hundred pigeons on it, but I let them be. There is alot of feeding on the field and the birds will act like a magnet when the boys with kilts arrive

What are longtails? Seen a good few flocks of pigeons on Friday me and my dad took a guess and said they where them boys in the boys in the kilts they where miles high, also out fowling the other night dad got a teal.

Atb sw

What are longtails? Seen a good few flocks of pigeons on Friday me and my dad took a guess and said they where them boys in the boys in the kilts they where miles high, also out fowling the other night dad got a teal.

Atb sw

well done on the teal. Longtails=pheasants. Im taking friday off, back at the pigeons. The field is building up nicely.

Cheers DR D I had a sneaky suspicion that they where going to be pheasants, did you have much luck on the pigeons?

Atb SW

didnt try in the end. There were a few hundred on the ground but no movement in or out of the field worth talking about. You know the old saying 'look for birds in the air, not on the ground'. Those particular fields will hold birds till after Xmas. So, no rush. Better to get a good day at them when the birds are working right, rather thanput them off. Are you noticing any more birds down your way? There is no real sign of migrants yet, but the local birds appear to be moving off the beech mast.

Still no pigeons about the Co Armagh area, They diff running late this year and its doing my head in as Im busting to get the hide build and freeze to death waiting on them :(

Running late they may be. But with a little bit of perserverence and luck. Got these today.

post-2557-0-11185200-1385144051_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr D

Running late they may be. But with a little bit of perserverence and luck. Got these today.

That's one hell of a bag DR D weldone :good: hoping to get out in the morning for a pop at pigeons been watching a field side Wednesday but there was nothing on it today so hopefully they'll show up in the morning, fingers crossed

Btw what was your final bag and what shells where you shooting? if you don't mind me asking.

ATB SW

That's one hell of a bag DR D weldone :good: hoping to get out in the morning for a pop at pigeons been watching a field side Wednesday but there was nothing on it today so hopefully they'll show up in the morning, fingers crossed

Btw what was your final bag and what shells where you shooting? if you don't mind me asking.

ATB SW

cheers strangford. 81 pigeons and few crows. 32g 6. I always shoot. I know some others go lighter, but I dont like winging them.