N.Ireland

Dr D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers. I reckon it was 73 my mate took 20 odd before I did the final count. They are hard work though thrre not thousand about, so you need really good flightlines to make a bag. Hows the woodcock going ollie, I am thinking of giving them a blast for a change

Edited by Dr D

Cheers. I reckon it was 73 my mate took 20 odd before I did the final count. They are hard work though thrre not thousand about, so you need really good flightlines to make a bag. Hows the woodcock going ollie, I am thinking of giving them a blast for a change

Weather has been very mild this year so not as many about as usual.will hopefully get out a couple of days before Xmas on them.

Anyone had any luck lately was out myself last night and missed a few chances at pheasant and a rake of snipe, I ve had some really bad luck lately with shooting, first of all not bringing birds down and the my over an under wasn't shooting bottom barrel and then bungee with the flu last.week it's been really annoying me this last couple of weeks

Sorry for the rant I hope you lot get better luck than I have, atb SW

Nope. Thursday was my last effort until the new year. Hope you get a bit of shooting over christmas strangford. As you know I have concentrated on the pigeons lately. I have got just under 700 in 10 trips. In the new year I am going to do a couple of days at the woodcock, if we get a cold snap. I might try for a few duck also.

Nope. Thursday was my last effort until the new year. Hope you get a bit of shooting over christmas strangford. As you know I have concentrated on the pigeons lately. I have got just under 700 in 10 trips. In the new year I am going to do a couple of days at the woodcock, if we get a cold snap. I might try for a few duck also.

Good luck Dr d if you manage.to get out for the woodcock, I'm hoping to get out shooting all next week apart.from xmas day fingers crossed.

Atb SW

P.s that's a he'll of a lot of birds 700 from 10 trips :good:

Might get to go to a small flight pond i started feeding last month, but theres alot of floodwater around at the moment so not sure what it will be like. Apart from 1 pigeon and a snipe,teal have made up my entire bag in the last month, im shooting them every week not that im complaining. Haven't seen any good numbers of pigeon around so haven't even bothered to go after them and will be out of action with uni work until the end of the month.

Did anyone head out today? I took a scout about. The birds were hunkered down in the trees. No movement whatsoever. I came home and put the feet up. Too much water for just about everything. Getting soaked tramping through cover put me off woodcock. The fields are full of water, so a waste of time trying for a duck.

Edited by Dr D