mega night on the foxes

cocker3

Well i havent been on pw for a while just to busy at work and never seem to find the time but thought i would share this with you . I got a call from a pal his son works on a golf course in edinburgh and they had lots of problems with foxes digging up the course and getting very tame .i was asked if i could sort it out so after getting the go ahead from the golf club and speaking to the police (just to make sure we were ok to do it as it is actualy in edinburgh )last night we went for a look we drove round the course in day light to pick out good back stops and the bits that were not safe to shoot then set off with the lamp .first fox was squeeked into 10 feet ! And they just kept coming we shot 11 in total and seen 15 but four were not safe shots .8 in the photo and 3 shot leaving the course ..i think we could shot the same again on the next visit and we get paid to do it which is a bonus

Thanks for looking

All foxes were shot with the 222.50 at sub 100 yards

post-15459-0-47402200-1378446753_thumb.jpg

Edited by cocker3

Excellent shooting. Well done. :good:

thanks steve

now thats a good night and cash in you pocket does life get better !!

good to see your still here ..

cracking shooting

thanks andy yeh still here just seem to have no time now with all the stalking and foxing no life cant get better at the moment .

Very nice hall of foxes.....Very easy to get carried away with that amount of eyes so fair play on the other 4...they will keep.

TEH

thanks teh yes your spot on it would be very easy to get carried away but safety must come first as you say they will be there for another day i have never seen so many foxes in one place and ALL very tame no fear in them what so ever .

brilliant night,s worth of hunting,

well done guys :good:

thank buddy

Well Done mate :good: wondered where you have been :yes: that was some night bud. :good: Glad to here that you are ok to. :good: ATVB Terry

thanks terry just been really busy at work and stalking all is good here hows the dogs getting on mate

Good going. I suspect that you will get the same number of those town foxes the next time you go out.

yes jdog spot on fella town foxes are very easy got looks like a never ending supply of them in that area which is good for me

Well done thats an excellent result

thanks buddy

Well done pal thats some haul

thanks buddy out next week again so will see how it goes could do the same number again no problem funny the grounds men said they never seen a fox this morning for the first time in years

Cracking opportunity for you, I'd be grinning like an idiot for days! :lol:

There's no end on an industrial estate I deliver to near Glasgow, there's next to no chance of permission to shoot (I wouldn't have thought) but I did consider using them to practice calling while I'm waiting for my rifle project to come together. I dismissed the idea to be honest though as I guessed town foxes probably had enough food not to bother with hunting anything. Looks like it might be worth a try after all :good:

ye good shooting there pal you had a serious night,them town foxes are a joke,my ex girl friend come from manchester and at night i used to some times call 3 or 4 in to her garden, i got told off though she said her neighbour complained about the werierd noises coming out of her house in the middle of the night ha ha,true story that as well,cheers simon......

Well done mate, cracking conservation.

Thanks buddy conservation i am not so sure all we seen was vermin all night both 2 and 4 legged lol

well done that man - great work and a great nights shootin

thanks buddy

There's no end on an industrial estate I deliver to near Glasgow, there's next to no chance of permission to shoot (I wouldn't have thought) but I did consider using them to practice calling while I'm waiting for my rifle project to come together. I dismissed the idea to be honest though as I guessed town foxes probably had enough food not to bother with hunting anything. Looks like it might be worth a try after all :good:

you should ask buddy shy kids dont get .what can they say at worse no try calling them we had one come in from 200 +yards to 10 feet in seconds so they will call buddy

What a good night

cracking shooting

Well done mate, cracking conservation.

Thanks buddy conservation i am not so sure all we seen was vermin all night both 2 and 4 legged lol

well done that man - great work and a great nights shootin

thanks buddy

you should ask buddy shy kids dont get .what can they say at worse no try calling them we had one come in from 200 +yards to 10 feet in seconds so they will call buddy

What a good night

cracking shooting

What a good night

cracking shooting

thanks buddy

ye good shooting there pal you had a serious night,them town foxes are a joke,my ex girl friend come from manchester and at night i used to some times call 3 or 4 in to her garden, i got told off though she said her neighbour complained about the werierd noises coming out of her house in the middle of the night ha ha,true story that as well,cheers simon......

lol did they not complain about you calling foxes tho ?

Good story simon6ppc. Town and Country have not always been such good bedfellows, so to speak.

ye your right pal,one day she made a chicken and i even cable tied the carcus to the washing pole to see if they would come to the bait ,but the same nieghbour see it the next day and i got told off for that as she said it would attract rats :lol: townys hey..my girl friend always said i was very earthy even to this day i wonder what she ment :lol:

Edited by simon6ppc

There is no better rush when lamping, when you start squeeking and they come charging in.

My first fox taken with a rifle was last year and i squeeked it from around 400 yards away and it came in like a freight train, stopped it at about 40yards and but a round just above its eye.

Great shooting mate