Decoying Kits

triumphant59

Starting pigeon shooting again, and need to re-equip. Looked on ebay and the 2 kits below seem good value from a1decoy_uk. What does anyone think to these kits or recommend as an alternative?

PRO PIGEON MAGNET ROTARY MACHINE cw AIR PRO DECOYS & 7AH BATTERY PACKAGE KIT @ £69.99

Pigeon Shooting Starter Pack Kit Bag Net Hide Poles Decoy Decoying Set Camo A1 @ £69.99

Edited by triumphant59

I had the kit bag it lasted just 5 weeks (I shoot 3 to 4 times a week). Its made of some very poor quality material which wears jut loading it in the car boot. The magnet spike went through the bottom the second day out (even with the spike cover on). Far better to get a ex army bag of some sort.This is the one i have now it wont wear out

http://endicotts.co.uk/component/virtuemart/rucksacks-packs-kit-bags-92.

I dont like the FUD decoys as they are

Static, heavy, hard to push into solid ground, require assembly each time, pick up a lot of soilwhich ends up with your kit, generaly cumbersome to use.

Shells are good but full body is probably better if you have the space.

I am still trying to make my mind up about a seat. I have a Deben swivel tripod. The feet have been replaced after three months. Its light and ok to sit on but a little too low and the leg adjusters could be easier.

• 4 weeks later...