Iron sights

Futch

I have made C.O.M. shots on pigeons at twenty yards & rabits at thirty yards prone with my kid brothers hw80 but i wouldnt shoot past that with iron sights at prey. A small fact sharp shooters are not snipers but normal infantary men who can shoot with standerd pattern milatary iron sights the term sniper is british but the yanks made the first steps at making the sniper during their civil war the term sniper originates by british officers who hunted snipe with rifles those that could continuelly hit this small elusive bird was called a "sniper".

Nope i dont even have a tv let alone sky :*) I like to read books alot i got that snipet out of a book called snipers the skills & tactics & equipment (i think thats what its called will have to check!) i just finished reading it. their is a lot of very intressting things in it like during world war 1 nearly 90% of snipers were hunters or poachers & that some of the best shots came from scotland or wales where we british had what was called "a modest standin also the Gillie suit origionates from scotland the game keepers made them to help them to hunt deer & poachers.Also the highest magnification on a scope was 3x20 the lowest being 2.5x20 for the british snipers. i cant remember the german spechs but the sniper was poorly used during world war 1 & 2.

During the trenches, you never took the third light off a match.

One caught the eye of a sniper

Two he aimed closer

Three you mates were picking up the pieces.

A tactic to waste German ammo was to put tin hats on a stick and count the shots that hit it, after his mag was empty your mate shot back at him.

the bit with the tin hat was also in that book red you put a painted paper mache head under it put a lighted fag in its gob then let the enemy sniper take a shot at it when the enemy sniper took the shot u used a trench periscope on the bullet hole to give you a rough idea where he was then you either got another sniper to slot him or called in artillary (very expensive but effective) to get him :yp: