Informing police about shooting North yorks

bear-uk

101 just saves the hassel if someone reports a person with a gun firearms dont have to be despatched just to find out you are there legally they will give you a log number I usually give them a ring back when finished so if anything should happen after ive left im covered

Please, let's not start 20 pages of this again,all he wanted was a number for a specific call for a specific problem.

Do a search,it has been done to death and then resurrected more times than zombie movies.

I only do it on one farm as the previous shooter there was using one of those 1 million candle power lamps and was waving it around like in the Jurassic park film!!

It caused the police to call in at the farm the next day...so the owner asked me to ring in. Not a problem as it takes 4 mins, however on the other 7 farms I never bother...

One owner has 4 farms with 3 quite close and I often cover all 3 so it would be unpractical to call in 3 times...

TEH

Did alot of lamping in same area last year text farmer as he requests just so he knows were there tel 101 and notify to make things right 3 out of 3 got local constabulary giving us the usual know their doing their job but the 101 call with registration should have kept hassle to minimum it didn't i don't bother ringing any more tbh got permission in car and a legal reason to be there each to there own dont seem to make much difference whether you ring em or not here.

You don't have to read it

My comment was not toward the op,who asked a legitimate question for alternative phone numbers,it was at the rest who will say yes call every time you go out/no never call them.

In the last year we have done it to death at least twice with no positive out come apart from endless repetition on the same vein.

You are right i don't have to read it, but as it is an open forum i can do what you have just done, and express an opinion.