I hate being a Syrian Yank

vulpicide

I hate being a Syrian whenever I watch the BBC (Syrian branch) every day on BBC Scotland? and I'm very confused. I am sixty years old but as you'll see at the Midland I look a lot younger but I'm not terribly well at the moment. I DON'T CARE WHATS HAPPENING IN SYRIA IN THE CALTON IN GLASGOW THE AVERAGE AGE FOR MALES TO DIE IS UNDER 50 YEARS THIS IS 4 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. I DON'T CARE ABOUT SYRIA I DON'T SEE ALL THE MUSLIM GOVERNMENTS RUSHING TO HELP ITS MUSLIMS THAT ARE SLAUGHTERING THE MUSLIMS IN SYRIA. I DON.T CARE CAMERONSHOULD CONCENTRATE IN TURNING THIS COUNTRY AROUND

There are innocent people around the world including the UK who are dying every day. Sort out our own country first, yes I agree to a point. But if there is a solution to stop 1000's of people being killed i think we should try and do something. If our army decided to take over this country and we had a civil war and chemical weapons were used against my children, family and friends i would hope someone would step up to help.

There are innocent people around the world including the UK who are dying every day. Sort out our own country first, yes I agree to a point. But if there is a solution to stop 1000's of people being killed i think we should try and do something. If our army decided to take over this country and we had a civil war and chemical weapons were used against my children, family and friends i would hope someone would step up to help.

No chance, a fair proportion of the rest of the world would be hoping we would wipe ourselves out and be standing on the side lines to take over our green and pleasant land. !!

I hate being a Syrian whenever I watch the BBC (Syrian branch) every day on BBC Scotland? and I'm very confused. I am sixty years old but as you'll see at the Midland I look a lot younger but I'm not terribly well at the moment. I DON'T CARE WHATS HAPPENING IN SYRIA IN THE CALTON IN GLASGOW THE AVERAGE AGE FOR MALES TO DIE IS UNDER 50 YEARS THIS IS 4 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. I DON'T CARE ABOUT SYRIA I DON'T SEE ALL THE MUSLIM GOVERNMENTS RUSHING TO HELP ITS MUSLIMS THAT ARE SLAUGHTERING THE MUSLIMS IN SYRIA. I DON.T CARE CAMERONSHOULD CONCENTRATE IN TURNING THIS COUNTRY AROUND

don't panic old age doesn't last long.

KW

We are getting fed Syria in the news morning, noon and night so we get "snow blind" to it all.

What I don't get is that if a government kill it's own people using bullets, rockets, bombs and napalm (and in rather significant numbers) the world does nothing, but mention gas and all of a sudden it's all so wrong. Obviously the whole shebang over there is a mess, but killing is killing and until the gas came out nothing happened. Old Assad should have stuck to bullets and bombs and no one would be doing anything.

We are getting fed Syria in the news morning, noon and night so we get "snow blind" to it all.

What I don't get is that if a government kill it's own people using bullets, rockets, bombs and napalm (and in rather significant numbers) the world does nothing, but mention gas and all of a sudden it's all so wrong. Obviously the whole shebang over there is a mess, but killing is killing and until the gas came out nothing happened. Old Assad should have stuck to bullets and bombs and no one would be doing anything.

Exaclty! This was the crux of the discussion on a show I caught a few nights ago. Syria has now "crossed the line". As you say, it seemed acceptable to to kill thousands of people the "conventional" way, but kill a few hundred with gas and the West feels the need to respond?

I must be missing something but it seems that both the rebels and the government are as bad as each other. Rather than supporting the rebels why dont other countries support the Syrian government/dictator bring a swift end to the civil war and stop even more countless lives being lost. The fact the whole country has not come up and got rid of the bloke must mean he has a lot of support from his people equal to or greater than the rebels have got.

Take Libya for example I am sure now Gadaffis has gone the province and tribal leaders will soon be battling it out for land/oil causing even more bloodshed. At least before hand they were beginning to trade with the 'developed' world and maybe in time would become a proper democracy through natural growth, instead they have just been pushed back another 100 years.

I must be missing something but it seems that both the rebels and the government are as bad as each other. Rather than supporting the rebels why dont other countries support the Syrian government/dictator bring a swift end to the civil war and stop even more countless lives being lost. The fact the whole country has not come up and got rid of the bloke must mean he has a lot of support from his people equal to or greater than the rebels have got.

Take Libya for example I am sure now Gadaffis has gone the province and tribal leaders will soon be battling it out for land/oil causing even more bloodshed. At least before hand they were beginning to trade with the 'developed' world and maybe in time would become a proper democracy through natural growth, instead they have just been pushed back another 100 years.

Totally agree 100% eastern countries need dictatorship as there too uncivilised in general to be left to their own devices. I feel sorry for anyone caught in the crossfire but isn't the government just trying to put down freedom fighter/terrorists so surely we should back them.

Should leave them to it.

Totally agree 100% eastern countries need dictatorship as there too uncivilised in general to be left to their own devices. I feel sorry for anyone caught in the crossfire but isn't the government just trying to put down freedom fighter/terrorists so surely we should back them.

Should leave them to it.

If you look at the countries in the middle east and Africa which are in a perennial state of strife you'll see most of them are peculiar looking territories with unnaturally straight borders. That's because they are unnatural. Those borders were drawn with a ruler by a bureaucrat in a Whitehall or Paris office in the 1920s. What we have witnessed ever since is the human equivalent of a watercourse trying to revert to its natural path after it has been artificially reshaped. None of these countries will ever find peace until the rest of the world leaves them alone. Interferring militarily or politically in someone else's civil war invariably makes things worse without addressing the cause of the conflict.

The fact that the children who lead the western world were always absolutely guaranteed to shove their snouts into any conflict that errupted in the middle east is precisely why a civil pro-democracy movement has turned into an apocolyptic war between Stalinist Shia Baathists and Sunni Islamist fundamentalists.

The only countries in the world who are doing anything remotely useful are Syria's neighbours, who at huge cost to themselves and without the slightest assistance or recognition from western leaders who are far too busy with their televised grandstanding, have taken in millions and millions of refugees and are trying to keep them alive.

Chemical weapons are naughty bad and users should be smacked claims warmonger in chief Obama. ok pal but what about your use of depleated uranium rounds in Iraq and Afganistan? Very toxic and has contaminated great swaths of those countries. Whats that? they don't count because you are the USA USA **** ye! OK what about the use of white phosporous by Israel againt civilians in their little fight a few years back? Oh that doesn't count either because Israel has a big lobbying group in Washington. OK so it is do as we say not as we do.

You know it has got bad when the voice of reason in the world is the bully boy Putin! Who would have thought that Russia would be the good guys! When did that happen?

Cameron must be really annoyed that we are not going to war now as he has **** all to put in his memoirs apart from slashed a budget today loads of people lost their jobs....not going to be a big seller that.

That's because they drink and smoke to much. You can hardly blame David Cameron for that.

As I see it if we have to blame someone for it he is as good as anyone he just looks smarmy to me.

Most of the time our politisions like pocking there nose in to other countreys business as they think that it makes them look good in our eyes I must say not mine.

Edited by four-wheel-drive