looking for a beat keeper / underkeeper job

hi there im after a job preferably as a beat keeper anywhere in uk. I have two years experience as a beat keeper. Beatkeeper spring 2011 – april 2013

I started at the Brigands as an Underkeeper after starting a college course at Walford & North Shropshire College in 2011. Here my main responsibilities were helping rearing on the Bettws Hall Game farm and releasing pheasants as well as pest and predator control. I was working underneath a beat keeper on the estate looking after 35,000 pheasants and a few hundred partridge. Since 2011 I have also contributed to the habitat management of the Estate by continually managing existing woodland. In 2012 I was promoted to a beat keeper, looking after 13000 pheasants with two drives that both went extremely well over the shooting season. During this period I successfully reared and released these pheasants to the best of my capability to give them the best chance of survival.

i have various Qualifications

Walford and North Shropshire College 2010 – 2013.

• ATV Handling and Basic Maintenance 2010.

• Night Shooting Safety 2012.

• Game Meat Hygiene (Large and Small) 2012.

• First Aid Certificate 2012.

• Chainsaw 30 and 31 felling, cross cutting and maintenance. 2012

• Mule/ATV handling and maintenance. 2011

• Shotgun licence.

• Firearms licence - .243 and .22

• Full UK driving licence.

for more info please feel free to ask question and pm me for more details.

No chance off getting back with glyn/betwys hall then, i know they have a rake off keepers and do they not have a fairly high turnover off them too?

Think u might be struggling to get in at this time off year, not great for starting a new job.

If i was u i would try and get as much beating/picking up as possible 4, 5 or 6 days a week, in my opinion that is a far better way of gettin ur name and face out there amoungst keepers, be keen and try and help keeper as much as possible doing wee shoot day jobs, a lot off jobs are never really advertised just purely word of mouth throu the keepering grapevine, also most/or a lot of jobs will be decided on word of mouth or who ur referees know, and wot keepers have put a word in behind the scenes in ur favour.

Ur cv does look good and u've got everything u need, but i still think in keepering it keeness and work ethic is more/equally important than a cv

All about gettin ur foot in as many doors as possible and hopefully with a bit off luck 1 might open for u.

You say you have 2 years as a beat keeper from 2011-13 but later say you got promoted to beatkeeper in 2012 so is that 1 year or 2 as a beatkeeper or have I completely misinterpreted your post the way I read it is you have 1 year as an underkeeper and 1 year as a beatkeeper it may seem pedantic but when I read a keepers cv I expect all the dates to match.

i would be tempted to stick with the farming, i have been keepering for nearly 25 years, the harder you work the more days you get asked to provide, the expected bags get bigger every year the first day gets a week earlier every year. farmers only come out when the sun shines, and even then only after they have claimed a eu subsidy for tinted windows in the range rover, new raybans etc.