Dog hair..... a strange question but bear with me !

VINCED 686

Get a kennel simple as. Kennel insulated and a heater for winter. The dog will love it it gives you a break and when the dog comes in muddy it wont have to come in the house until dry and clean. Honestly wouldn't have it any other way now. Don't get me wrong the dog comes in as soon as I finish work until bed but in the day I know shes safe, not destroying anything and its a place if I have guests etc round she can go up the kennel if they don't like dogs. Makes life simple.

oh and get a lab.

Exactley the same as you, while at work they are in the kennel then when i get home they are in the house with us. Buying the kennel was the best thing we ever did for our dogs, having it makes dog ownership a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable as not worried about wet dog in your house after a walk and also gives you a lot more flexibility when going out etc.

Thing i found best with the kennel is that you can go out without worrying too much about the dogs being locked in the house and needing to go toilet. Also if you need to stay away from the house for the night you can do as the dogs will be fine which saves a fortune in kennel fees. We had a wedding to go to the other week and so left the house at 11 on saturday and got back about 11 on sunday the dogs were fine and didnt even notice we had been gone, if we had to put them in a boarding kennels we were looking over £80.00 as you normally have to drop them off on the friday and pick back up on the monday!!!

By the way get a springer, no other dog will give your children as much enjoyment imo

I have a lab and I do the same. He stays in the kennel during the day and comes in when I finish work until bed and then back out to the kennel. He seems fine in there.

Be carful with kids though and throwing toys for the dog and playing with it to much, i have seen so many good dogs wrecked by family members playing with them to much then the dog can forget all the training you have done with it,

Dogs can take a long time to train and a lot of work to train, If u are not careful though your kids and Missis can wreck it all very quickly if they don't follow how you want ( need) them to interact with the dog. Remember if u want the dog as a working dog then play time should only be with you when your training with the dog. My lab doesn't play with my family he is a working dog and play time is when we train. Labs are a great first dog and willing to please

I have a lab and I do the same. He stays in the kennel during the day and comes in when I finish work until bed and then back out to the kennel. He seems fine in there.

Be carful with kids though and throwing toys for the dog and playing with it to much, i have seen so many good dogs wrecked by family members playing with them to much then the dog can forget all the training you have done with it,

Dogs can take a long time to train and a lot of work to train, If u are not careful though your kids and Missis can wreck it all very quickly if they don't follow how you want ( need) them to interact with the dog. Remember if u want the dog as a working dog then play time should only be with you when your training with the dog. My lab doesn't play with my family he is a working dog and play time is when we train. Labs are a great first dog and willing to please

I get this in part about the family, its far better to educate the family though. I tried it the other way once and became the only person that dog would obey. This creates as many day to day issues as it solves trust me.

Just get the dog you want and keep it in the house as your Mrs has said

As soon as possible take it out for a good muddy walk.

When you get home hang back taking your boots off, letting the dog back in the house.

I think your Mrs will soon agree it’s not that cruel to keep a dog in a kennel out side after all, as it shakes the mud off all over the living room floor.

You have just got to let her think it’s her decision :whistling: