New Wolverine.

bullet boy

You make I larf, chris - are you going to buy a springer next because you miss the kick of a real gun?. The electronic triggers are a world apart from their mechanical counterparts and surely the improvement in accuracy is worth the different feel? While on the electronics-there is still a movement in the action when the solenoid hits the release valve?

You make I larf, chris - are you going to buy a springer next because you miss the kick of a real gun?. The electronic triggers are a world apart from their mechanical counterparts and surely the improvement in accuracy is worth the different feel? While on the electronics-there is still a movement in the action when the solenoid hits the release valve?

hehe, fair point :P But it's just me. give me a manual gearbox over an automatic. a properly crafted analogue clock over a digital contraption, a book over an e-reader.

I get more pleasure out of shooting a mechanical gun than I have done with an electric gun.

There is a good write up on the 12ftlb Wolverine in the October issue of Airgun World by Terry Doe.

I'm taking advantage of the two mags for the price of one that WH Smiths are doing lately cause they're not selling for £4 each. This month it's Airgun World and Airgunner bagged up together.

I'm a tad disappointed that the new Wolverine didn't look like the 100ftlb monster and they've made it just like a MK4 with buddy bottle. Now the new Huntsman Regal that's reviewed in the above Airgunner mag is a real eye catcher to me..!!

It's funny, the thing that I'm really looking forward to is having a gun that isn't electric. The accuracy and reliability of the electric/MCT guns are amazing, but I've just found i'm missing the feel you get from a mechanical gun. It just doesn't feel the same! With the electric guns, all you're doing is pressing a button, then computers take over. I miss feeling mechanics moving and the like!

I feel the same way, there's something wonderful about precision mechanical engineering that electronics doesn't match.

The odd thing is right near the end, Tony says that the .20 and .25 will be along in the new year, but I phoned them up a couple of days ago and was told there are no immediate plans for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cRXFZseb4

They probably don't class next year as "immediate" ? There's also an air tube version due next year, more like the original wolverine.

"A good write up by Terry Doe in Airgun World" eh David M? and who do you think pays his wages? I'm sorry to be blunt but anybody who reads this drivel and pays it any credence should have their corks taken away to stop them shooting somebody. Nothing personal, David, but come on.....

So you think TD talks nonsense bud?

TD is a very knowledgeable and respected Air-rifle shooter that definately knows his stuff.

Don't really understand what you mean what you say bud.

So you think TD talks nonsense bud?

TD is a very knowledgeable and respected Air-rifle shooter that definately knows his stuff.

Don't really understand what you mean what you say bud.

I think what Bruno is saying is you should take any review in a magazine or sponsored supported website with a pinch of salt. If your magazine or website has revenue generated by producers then it kind of behooves said mag/website to give them favourable reviews to ensure continued support/advertising.

The ONLY reviews I give time to are those that have no ties or reliance on the producer.