is anyone else working the weekend

decroyffe

working saturday morning on a pj,then off til midnight christmas eve from when im on call til midnight boxing day :good: but i get a £400 stand by payment and a minimum of £40 a call out :good: .

best bit is its make safe call outs which means if its a leak i turn the water off,if its a break in i board up and if its a blown bulb i earn forty quid for a sixty pence bulb.

but no drinking for 48 hours

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off tomorrow at 2.00 p.m for xmas party and officially firm back on the 3rd I think, although I will be in over the xmas new year period. When you work for yourself, throwing a bunk loses its appeal. Worked like the proverbial today.

Best bit, the xmas tally so far is about a dozen decent bottles of wine, 2 bottles of Bells which I don't drink and will give away, 2 champagne and truffle gifts sets and a chocolate hotel champagne and choccies gift set.

scaffy is working christmas AND new year :good:

and he isnt back until 03 january. and that's weather permitting!

it dun't feel right around here and i can't seem to get into the christmas spirit.

bah humbug! :good:

Yeah right, thats what he told you, so how come he is having a lock in with the Kent chapter of PW?

LB :D

scaffy is working christmas AND new year :D

it dun't feel right around here and i can't seem to get into the christmas spirit.

Yeah right, thats what he told you, so how come he is having a lock in with the Kent chapter of PW?

LB :lol:

You were supposed to keep that quiet :D :o :P:good::D

scaffy is working christmas AND new year :lol:

LB :D

You were supposed to keep that quiet :P:D:D:D:D

Does that mean the fire engine full of Czech students is off :good: The girls want their bonus :o

I'm on call all throughout Christmas and the New Year, and I will be in the office for a lot of it. No prospect of double pay. Part of the joys of shipbroking is that 100% of our clients are in the Far East - they don't give a stuff if it's Christmas here, they just expect us to be working 24/7. And if we all ignore the clients, some other equally sharky shipbroking firm will simply snap the business up/ The mobile never stops squawking, the emails never stop arriving.

Money never sleeps, in the words of Gordon Gecko.......

............................. henryd henryd henryd ~sigh~

scaffy dun't drink that much.

and why would he want to be anywhere near a fire engine full of czech students when he has moi :good:

Perfect point,beautifully made..........enjoy the poop scoo......sorry,excavations !

:good:

:D I worked my last shift yesterday and Im not back at work untill next year, :D How good does that sound. :lol: But reality is next year is only 10 days away. :good:

Feel sorry for all you guys and girls that will be working. :good:

Merry Xmas and Good luck to you all for the new year. :D

Kipper :o

I worked 2 complete Christmas's (well we away from home, not 'working') when I was in the Middle east, but other than that I have always had the whole period off - no questions.

Years ago I did have to go into the office once at 2pm on the 25th :good: to re-set the alarm. I put a claim in for 2 hours at triple time and just wanted them to bounce it so I could have my name taken off the callout list, but unfortunately they sussed that and just paid it without question.

I have packed up now until 2nd January, so I will raise a glass to those who are working over the period, I hope you get rewarded for it one way or the other. :good:

First one off in 18 yrs, finished on Wednesday untill the 30th

So i shall be raising a glass or two to the folks who are in work over the hols.

( The family are already taking bets on which day i will actually

" internally combust")

Happy chrimbo everybody, Sutty :good::good::D

Working my last shift at the factory today, but as I am a part time firefighter I will be on call right through the festive season.

Never mind I still have my boxing day shoot to look forward to and 2 days picking up by the end of the year.

All the best for 2007

Hendo

hiya pin, that means you could get pay for doin nowt, my kinda job.

hopefully i wont walk in on santa stuffing all my pressy's under the tree :good:

Don't you mean you hope santa ain't stuffing someone else under your xmas tree.

:blush::P

Me, I have been off since the 18th and go back on the 2nd Jan.

Niceeeeeee!

:P:P:P:P:P:P

Shame about the other half as she is in xmas eve and boxing day this year (better than last year as she had to go in on Xmas Day).

I see LB hasn't put up a post as he is off ALL YEAR.

:P:P

Dave K

scaffy is working christmas AND new year :P

bah humbug! :P

Why have christmas off and only get a few days out shooting.When i can have the first two weeks off in january and be out everyday. :P:P plus the extra pay might lead to a new shottie :lol: :o

............................. henryd henryd henryd ~sigh~

scaffy dun't drink that much.

and why would he want to be anywhere near a fire engine full of czech students when he has moi :P

Yes why would i :P:P:P:good::blush::P

Working tonight till it gets quiet.

MERRY XMAS TO ALL

It's the staff christmas party tonight

it's gonna be lonely

I'm self employed