Supersonic partridge.

yds

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get an invite onto an old grouse moor which has been turned into a first class driven partridge shoot.

What a day

Wet and very windy but the partridge were like bullets.

The team shot well.

137 birds including 3 grey partridge and 1 grouse, the rest been red legs.

I personally shot 31 for 55 shells, well chuffed as they were supersonic and its my first time out with the 20b indeed any shot gun for months.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i would not like to shoot on the next peg to you,some serious gun swinging towards fellow shooters :no::no: Do you know what the two high sticks either side of your blind are for :whistling::whistling:

well I wonder why all my immediate neighbours came at the end of the day patted my back and thanked me for putting on a good display of driven shooting? funny that!

Had I been in charge of the day's shooting I would have sent you home for not keeping to your butt. Those butt sticks are to ensure the safety of your neighbours and by stepping out of your butt as you did you completely negated the reason for them being there.

Whether you shot well is irrelevant.

Personally i would not like to shoot on the next peg to you,some serious gun swinging towards fellow shooters :no::no: Do you know what the two high sticks either side of your blind are for :whistling::whistling:

Had I been in charge of the day's shooting I would have sent you home for not keeping to your butt. Those butt sticks are to ensure the safety of your neighbours and by stepping out of your butt as you did you completely negated the reason for them being there.

Whether you shot well is irrelevant.

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this.

my host was stood with us it was him who told me on the last stand to stand aside the but as there was a massive puddle where you normally stand and me been a short **** couldn't shoot over the top as the birds screamed by low and fast, I assure there were no safety issues and it was all conducted with the shoot owners permission. You were not there and so cannot comment on angles as the camera was 8-10ft behind me.

Edited by yds

agreed ,good job the were not grouse at 3ft ,if you had a loader he would have taken gun from you and sent you home ! puddle in butt = pallet floor ,loaded to a guy that needed 4 sticks he was so quick to drop gun after first stick =shot the next butt entry side at 15 yds and 2ft high ,all had liquid running down legs ,he also was an expert shot but the 'fever' took over .

Edited by graiglearn

Well shot mate :good:

Shame about the weather, you can't have it all ways. At least you were out having a go and not sat at your computer telling others how they should be doing it :no:

Thanks for taking the time to share the video.

not saying how it should be done ,host should have moved gun or sticks , and as to' having a go' think we would all accept an invite in any conditions . have shot grouse in rain ,hail and snow ,but between the sticks allways

agreed ,good job the were not grouse at 3ft ,if you had a loader he would have taken gun from you and sent you home ! puddle in butt = pallet floor ,loaded to a guy that needed 4 sticks he was so quick to drop gun after first stick =shot the next butt entry side at 15 yds and 2ft high ,all had liquid running down legs ,he also was an expert shot but the 'fever' took over .

Must remember to pack a spare pallet in with the rest of my kit just incase there is a puddle at my peg in future :whistling:

Well I cannot believe the hecklers, they were not grouse, I had no loader and no pallet on the floor. So many what ifs.

If i'd turned up in jeans with an auto or camo they would have sent me home just as quickly......But I never.

I never fevered up either the torrential rain kept things cool. LOL

The day was conducted safely and everyone behaved well. Me and my dog were shot on a grouse moor 3 seasons ago 2 butts down by an ex flo.

So i'm well aware of the dangers thank you.

Anyway I've said enough there was no bother from anyone around me and I have my invite for next season all ready.

Must remember to pack a spare pallet in with the rest of my kit just incase there is a puddle at my peg in future :whistling:

host should take all conditions into consideration ,all the proper grouse butts with water problems have wooden floors with wire netting for grip and are drained ,even sunk butts do not suffer water problems if done right,have you been on a grouse moor ?

Edited by graiglearn