Supersonic partridge.

yds

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on admit it some of the shots were towards people 1.06 and you nearly took the camera mans head off swinging round for a shot TUT TUT.

lol see none of the facts, it was my wife she is 5 ft 1 so it was way over her head as the ground is falling away and safely over the top. She films a lot on shoot days so I know where she is. Did you see the camera flinch or move out of the way NO as she was well out of the way. You are just heckling, like I said you were not there so cannot comment on the location of bystanders or the shots. And as for lorries, they were mules used to ferry us ( a quad with a cab)? You can clearly see me shoot out front lift the gun and shoot behind.

Top bombing John, Icouldn't be ***** explaining myself to others they weren't there end of.

Jase.

My thoughts exactly, its hard to judge when you aren't there and it is only to be seen on video, just the other day i watched a video that looked like somebody took a 100 yard duck, turns out it was at 35 yards.

I think there are some sour grapes on here.

Tom

Cracking video john as always never mind the arm chair shooters on here fella there really are some ##### on here . I must remember and take stick with me the next time i go shooting driven game would be intresting to see some of there videos !keep at it gaji

perhaps john would like to explain the purpose of 'sticks' in grouse butts or partridge simulation of grouse ? no one means 40yd up pheasants

perhaps john would like to explain the purpose of 'sticks' in grouse butts or partridge simulation of grouse ? no one means 40yd up pheasants

I know what they are for but as explained already on the last drive it was suggested I stood aside and NEVER swung through. If you watch again and move me in between those sticks the shots would have been the same. You were not there never heard the conversation I had prior the drive. I have explained enough now.

I know what they are for but as explained already on the last drive it was suggested I stood aside and NEVER swung through. If you watch again and move me in between those sticks the shots would have been the same. You were not there never heard the conversation I had prior the drive. I have explained enough now.

you never actually told cocker what they are for john ,he seems confused,that was all that was needed,also was there some forward shots after the first horn, this usually means birds behind gun line only ?

you never actually told cocker what they are for john ,he seems confused,that was all that was needed,also was there some forward shots after the first horn, this usually means birds behind gun line only ?

No we were told above 45 degrees on the horn and no forward on the whistle.

See every moor has different rules.

Your the clever one mate, you tell him, your set to ruin this thread, you may as well carry on.

Edited by yds

No we were told above 45 degrees on the horn and no forward on the whistle.

See every moor has different rules.

Your the clever one mate, you tell him, your set to ruin this thread, you may as well carry on.

john , please comment on 'The Field' article on grouse shooting on 12th august 2013 ,killing zones diagram, etiquette,etc as your partridge are on a grouse moor I take it they are to simulate grouse ?

john , please comment on 'The Field' article on grouse shooting on 12th august 2013 ,killing zones diagram, etiquette,etc as your partridge are on a grouse moor I take it they are to simulate grouse ?

Never saw it don't get the magazine. No they are not to simulate grouse, they are partridge on a moor they are to be partridge. If you have shot grouse you will know they cannot simulate grouse. Although they can and do fly in a different manner to my partridge on my shoot. Or am I trying to simulate grouse on arable land?

Never saw it don't get the magazine. No they are not to simulate grouse, they are partridge on a moor they are to be partridge. If you have shot grouse you will know they cannot simulate grouse. Although they can and do fly in a different manner to my partridge on my shoot. Or am I trying to simulate grouse on arable land?

would it be too much trouble to view the article ? and I am quite sure you dont need butts or blinds on arable hedge lined ground ,there you try to simulate the hallowed grey partridge , I have a hill and I can get partridge to follow the contours the same as grouse, however I can also show them off a crag which is 1400ft above sea at 40yds high ,which is as I am sure you are aware partridge were never meant to simulate HIGH pheasant , We have some say THE partridge shoot in uk on an estate next to me where 80yd high partridge are common and YES Mr Digweed can hit them with a 20 bore without standing ,as usual , so with a little thought you can make them do anything you want , not all grouse are heather huggers and at the infamous Leadhills moor depending on your butt draw 25yd up not uncommon, so yes I have shot grouse high and low driven, and I have shot partridge on a grouse moor with sunk butts and yes they were eye pokers .

would it be too much trouble to view the article ?

In a word YES, I am not here to answer your questions. You need to to take my word for it.

I have shot game all over England and even Europe. I have seen the danes shoot pheasants safely but it would make you cry if you were beating.

I have shot black game and hazel grouse in scananavia.

I have also shot many driven and walked up grouse.

I have been involved professionally with game shooting since I was 16 and left school. I'm 47 now.

Enough of this now.

You need to get out of your arm chair, i'm off foxing on my partridge shoot.

In a word YES, I am not here to answer your questions. You need to to take my word for it.

I have shot game all over England and even Europe. I have seen the danes shoot pheasants safely but it would make you cry if you were beating.

I have shot black game and hazel grouse in scananavia.

I have also shot many driven and walked up grouse.

I have been involved professionally with game shooting since I was 16 and left school. I'm 47 now.

Enough of this now.

You need to get out of your arm chair, i'm off foxing on my partridge shoot.

All of the above maybe cool but it hasn't made you gun safe???????

All of the above maybe cool but it hasn't made you gun safe? ??????

but shooting in company in everything from spruce forests in scandanavia - moors - marsh land and every terrain inbetween, for 30 years without incident does. No one is that lucky. All you are going on is the camera-eyes view of one drive. I take many days shooting every year and organise teams who buy in on those days, everything from partridge to driven wild boar no sticks there your just told clear zones. (then you will see the fever), never an incident and same people come on them bringing their friends the next year. None have ever had a bad word for me or not wanted to stand next to me. That's even with my 9.3x74 express rifle. If you were worried that thing will fell trees. Edited by yds

no one need explain to me the purpose of stick when shooting grouse i have seen many many days on grouse and on partridge driven on grouse moors and they are both very very different presented birds when i have seen them ie grouse through the butts and partridge over the butts Edited by cocker3