Pigeons in the garden

mahmood

I have six chickens, the eggs are much nicer than in the shops. I shot the fox as he tried to get the chickens. After a while the chickens dont lay very well, small eggs and thin shells. They also sometimes eat the eggs. This one had escaped, and the eggs were no longer eaten, it came back into the garden a few days later, and to save me running around making an **** of meself, a .177 to the head was much easyer. :yp:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been given the green light to "take care" of the 16-odd collard doves that we have ******** everywhere in our garden.

Only one condition: My landlady can't see me do it! She doesn't want them there, but at the smae time, she doesn't want to see them shot. Ah well, she's out at the weekend!

Only one problem with doing it... There isn't really a "safe" direction to shoot in case I miss. I know, it's not a common occurence, but I like to make certain that I am not going to get something else the other side of the yard before I start.

Wookie

They do gather on the ground to scoff all the seed that they knock of the table, but it's only a small courtyard and so it's a bit of a struggle to find a place that I can hoot from without my constant farting and smoking scaring them off!

Seriously though, the furthest I can get away from them is about 6 metres and that's close.

Just had a thought.... If I could tempt them over the other side of the wall, I could shoot up the slope and use the berm at the back of our house as a backstop!

Sorted! That's me set for sunday morning then

Wookie

yeh but the pellet fell out the end of my gun and hit the pigeon on their roof :huh:

That sort of reply is just the sort of thing the anti,s like to read to give them the ammunition to press for tighter air-gun laws to be passed.

If you use an airgun or any other sort of gun , do so responsibly.