cartridge pattern suprise

ljaddy12

I had a problem develop just before harvest my clean kill ratio went drastically downhill i shoot a side by side imp and quarter and never had issues but now feather flying out runners ect more apparent on crows they shudder or roll over and carry on flying so im thinking stopping swing slowing up ect nothing worked as i shot more i noticed the second barrel was dropping them stone dead now i was taught dont blame chokes for missing its you blah blah so im frustrated my mate suggested patterning my gun i laughed and said *** for its me he said well something wrong you might be surprised so i did and oh dear at 30 yard theres holes big enough in the pattern for birds to fly through untouched on imp choke but on quarter choke there perfect suddenly everything is clear the cartridges were gun shops own gamebore 30g no6 now use another gun cos i bought 500 carts and no probs so far with quarter and half choke so when i used to laugh at people for saying those carts dont suit my gun i apologise we all live and learn :blush: guess its back to eley when these are used

Guest cookoff013

phew !

why dont you buy some different cartridges that pattern well in either barrel.

i`m currently using full-full. in my clay shooting gun. i use a mixture of 24g#9s and 1oz 7.5 soverigns, not much can squeeze through a pattern.