Pinned ?

atbh61

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/**-

Don't take this the wrong way........ But I've read the majority of your posts and they all seem negative. If your so wise and wonderful write something constructive! If you think your way of training is better explain it to us! Then maybe it may get pinned :)

dont take this the wrong way but I was not talking to you. If you were paying attention I have started to tell anyone that has an open mind how I train dogs in a post on this forum.

Yeah read your post, I didn't comment because I didn't want to hear anymore. I'm no dog training expert but I feel I did a good job training my lab with the help of John halsteads the drakeshead way. No forcing or beatings in my training program just rewards.

so it was or was not constructive? you cant have it both ways. are you happy with the the post from nttf that says you should put your dog on a table make it hold a dummy or not? its a simple question?

/**-dont take this the wrong way but I was not talking to you. If you were paying attention I have started to tell anyone that has an open mind how I train dogs in a post on this forum.

When you post on a Forum you are "talking" to everyone who reads it.

If you wish to have a private conversation, then use the PM, or email system.

I would also mention that Moderators are still Members and mainly post as Members.

When you post on a Forum you are "talking" to everyone who reads it.

If you wish to have a private conversation, then use the PM, or email system.

I would also mention that Moderators are still Members and mainly post as Members.

Did you answer my question? is it ok to put a dog on a table and put something in its mouth and make it hold it?

Did you have to do that when you were teaching your dog?

so it was or was not constructive? you cant have it both ways. are you happy with the the post from nttf that says you should put your dog on a table make it hold a dummy or not? its a simple question?

I've never had to do this so never paid attention to it. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter as it may be helpful to someone.

I've never had to do this so never paid attention to it. Whether I agree or not doesn't matter as it may be helpful to someone.

I do not agree and yes it matters. would have done it if John halsteads had told you to or would you have thought for yourself?

That wasn't me, that was Cranfield :)

I don't know anything about dog training.

Sorry chap my mistake :)

I used the DVD as a reference like someone would use a book, I was lucky my pup did everything I asked and he was rewarded. The training method I chose was reward based, it may not be everyone's way and may not work for everyone. I worked with the dog and where I felt the dog was up to, I didn't need to force him therefore didn't need to research that method.

I used the DVD as a reference like someone would use a book, I was lucky my pup did everything I asked and he was rewarded. The training method I chose was reward based, it may not be everyone's way and may not work for everyone. I worked with the dog and where I felt the dog was up to, I didn't need to force him therefore didn't need to research that method.

you were very fast to tell me that I was not correct but now you wish to back up. I will ask you again is it good to put a dog on a table as nttf shows or not? for me there is never a reason to do this. where do you stand?

If you disagree with someone's training methods, thats fine.

If you have your own methods, thats fine as well.

However, it doesn't mean that your method is right and someone else's method is wrong.

Its unfortunate that you are giving the impression that you know it all and yours is the only way.

i know i am quite new to dog training but whats this all about sitting the dog on the table and making it hold a dummy in its cake hole lark about then?

However, it doesn't mean that your method is right and someone else's method is wrong.

Its unfortunate that you are giving the impression that you know it all and yours is the only way.

the way i see things is there is always some one who knows a better way of doing things no matter how well you think your doing the task. the day you stop learning is the day they screw the lid down on ya coffin :)

So is it ok to stand a dog on a table and make it hold somthing?