SACS website is down

yas

It should be concerning for all. They claim to represent shooters, but their shop window is doing so in an unprofessional way.

Ive just asked the missus and she said no less of a **** could be given on the matter.For that reason,im ooooot.Good luck on your quest though.Genuinely,i mean it,good luck.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that more and more people are using media such as web sites, facebook, twitter etc to keep in touch with whats going on as newsletters and magazine only come out every month or two months or in some cases three months. Where as political and media situations can and do change on a daily basis, so the web is vital to get up to date and important information into the public domain quickly and updated as the situation evolves.

Obviously its horses for courses and I know loads of people who rarely go onto the web, but the number who are and who do so regularly is increasing.

Like it or not the web is a key shop window for all organisations and business and that's not going to change.

I personally don't think its fair to say just because you are not a member you should not be bothered if a shooting organisations web site is not working after all there is lots going on in Scotland right now that could have an impact on shooters in Scotland, and that could have repercussions for shooters visiting Scotland too, regardless of which organisation, if any, they are members of. So its not unreasonable for shooters and indeed others to have a trawl through the association web sites for info.

Anyway as said their web is up again and I would hope that their airgun section is developed soon (its still under development apparently) as airguns are a very hot topic in Scotland currently.

David

Edited by David BASC

I was merely pointing out that the report on the organisation has confirmed that it has a grand total of 2 employees, which against the back drop of the website falling over and the hypothetical scenario that SACS is run by a bloke in his bedroom at home with the help of his mum..... well, I still thought it was funny, obviously, you don't have to.

To be honest any web site could go down, its annoying when it does and the BASC web had a few wobbles last year, we have now switched to a better server and so far so good (hope I don't speak too soon!) :rolleyes:

Mungler is just having a bit of a giggle, lets not get too worked up about it I am sure he means no harm. :innocent: If we cant have a bit of banter between ourselves it will be a sad day.

Hats off to Vulpicide for picking up on this and having a chat with Ian and getting their site up and running, I know Ian is a busy man and may not have spotted the problem.

Like it or not, many people, not just members, will judge an association by its web site, I have no doubt Lister that you are happy with SACS, if they deliver all you want and need then that's cool, and I understand that for you and I dare say many other members the SACS web site is not important to you, but do you not think that its better to have a web site than not?

David

To be honest any web site could go down, its annoying when it does and the BASC web had a few wobbles last year, we have now switched to a better server and so far so good (hope I don't speak too soon!) :rolleyes:

Mungler is just having a bit of a giggle, lets not get too worked up about it I am sure he means no harm. :innocent: If we cant have a bit of banter between ourselves it will be a sad day.

Hats off to Vulpicide for picking up on this and having a chat with Ian and getting their site up and running, I know Ian is a busy man and may not have spotted the problem.

Like it or not, many people, not just members, will judge an association by its web site, I have no doubt Lister that you are happy with SACS, if they deliver all you want and need then that's cool, and I understand that for you and I dare say many other members the SACS web site is not important to you, but do you not think that its better to have a web site than not?

David

Hell yes,i think its important.However,im not sure what relevance this has to this thread.SACS has a website,BASC has a website or because it was down for a while is it null and void now and if so do we discount yours because it had a few "wobbles" last year?Just asking,i think these are questions that should be raised and answered.I personally think its great that BASC puts so much time and effort on SACS threads and posts plenty of thoughts on them,so thanks.

Edited by sako751sg

For me having a website was not an issue in the slightest i had a variation problem and due to the nature wanted help to sort it out this was and is my main concern. yes i am also concerned about the future of shooting/ hunting.

It would be nice to read whats going on but i get that when the next letter comes out

I see a future of people needing to stand up to police/public more to defend their right to shooting, yes David you do a great deal in the public eye to help keep shooting going but so does ian and others.

there is a threat to shooting in the future but also i see more and more variations or mentor issues as well as others need sorting at the present time and to be told its not worth persuing as it might cost is i feel wrong because the more this goes on the more issues will arise.

I had good reasons for my variations but still met with a wall of well i don't think you should have this or that and it will cost you, however a year later i carried on my persuite and won and the end result was we knew you had good reason but we thought you would just give up.

I have seen this quite a few times recently as well as being publicised in Ian's news letters so these are not isolated inccidents.

You only have to look at people who have everything taken away at the mere words of somebody being threatened and feel insurance is a must I would like to ask how many incidents there are on a yearly basis due to shooting that the normal insurance is needed but then also ask how many would have benifitted having legal cover to fight one issue or another i bet if most cases were taken up the police would soon stop giving the run around and abide by the guidence instead of making things up because it would cost them every time also a complaint about being messed about goes on record.

I have said in the past i am a member of different organisations and see the benifits in all of them to help our cause, why do people have to keep dragging one or the other down instead of fighting for the good of us all because at the end of the day its all about keeping the shooting in any form going, atb wayne

and lastly i don't care if anyone works from home in the shed or wherever as long as its a benifit then its fine by me.

Edited by mereside

Good afternoon Sako, not sure what questions you want me to answer? All I was saying was that all web sites can go down from time to time, that's all. Yes I do have a bit of time on my hands just now, I am on holiday to day and taking part in a thread...

mereside, you may be aware that although some forces seem to apply 'mentoring' as standard, much to the annoyance of shooters and with little real benefit to anyone in reality, is likely to be removed from conditions. This is something BASC has been lobbying on for some time and ACPO recently wrote to licencing managers about removing mentoring and also about adding Any Other Lawful Quarry too. We wait and see...

I do think some people can become a bit 'tribal' about 'their' organisation, to be honest that's pretty normal, and generally nothing for any of us to get too worked up about.

All organisations are expected to deliver for their members, if they don't then members will leave and organisation will not grow.

Anyway, back to the web..all's well that ends well.

I'm going back into my shed now....the sun is out and the garden beckons!

David

You are obviously a member of Sacs if the lack of information is "concerning" you.Now,take your time,calm doon and PM Vulpicide off of here and he will hopefully appease you as you seem most worried about this.I once got concerned about the price of Tampax and then remembered I was a bloke and what does it matter because I don't use them.

Beer over laptop :lol::lol: :lol:

I shall have to remember this one.

This thread and other similar ones re SACS remind me of the UKIP debates on here.

Pros and cons debated and a worried media/old guard!

You pays your money you takes your choice! You support your sport from a "shed" or palace or not at all.

Is the SACS knocking because they are taking prospective BASC members? Because they are not Based in England? Because they don't do all the great work BASC do? The debate continues, "they offer value for money, they are cheap, they don't offer value, have you ever used their legal cover" blah........

David - BASC has responded to the insurance issue (eventually) in what appears to be a response to SACS (sorry member concerns) and well done but your still missing the point, people are joining SACS because they have little money and see value and the support of their sport (yes in a limited capacity but more than nothing)

I dropped Salmon & Trout Association after many years because they wouldn't align to one organisation (The Angling Trust) which I saw as weakening the lobbying position. Why didn't they join? Because they didn't need to!

I was brought up on on a "cut your coat according to your cloth" principle. Times can't be hard for BASC! SACS is developing.

Competition is a good thing isn't it?

I wonder of SACS read the forum?

Edited by Lampwick

Mungler have you actually got anything constructive to say about it or had dealings you wish to share. First time was funny but to keep banging on about the same joke. atb wayne

your learning

KW

Here's another old favourite that still makes me chuckle.

KW, please feel free not to laugh :lol:

KW_zps77e15b25.jpg

once again bungler you show yourself for what you are a keyboard pee taker with nothing other than insults to offer, still you may turn out ok when you leave school.

KW

I believe it may have been a team construction workers building the new passport control centre in preparation for Scottish independence, that inadvertently put a spade through the telephone line carrying the SACS website South of the boarder that caused the problem....A spokesman from Essex based Edward Longshanks Construction Ltd said,

'This was an unfortunate accident for which we apologise. The gangmaster Mr M Ungler is evidently not cut out for manual labour so he has been sent to our training centre in Hartlepool to take a course to re-train as the companies Public Relations Officer, I am sure all in Hartlepool will give Mr Ungler a warm welcome'

I believe it may have been a team construction workers building the new passport control centre in preparation for Scottish independence, that inadvertently put a spade through the telephone line carrying the SACS website South of the boarder that caused the problem....A spokesman from Essex based Edward Longshanks Construction Ltd said,

'This was an unfortunate accident for which we apologise. The gangmaster Mr M Ungler is evidently not cut out for manual labour so he has been sent to our training centre in Hartlepool to take a course to re-train as the companies Public Relations Officer, I am sure all in Hartlepool will give Mr Ungler a warm welcome'

:lol::lol::good: