Webley exocet

blade

Hello all was just wondering if there is anyone local to me just off A1 between grantham and stamford .Just aquired the above air rifle in .22 and to say it shoots erratic is a understatement.I have tried different pellets took the end of moderator off so no pellet clipping on exit .But still not very accurate .Is there anything else i could try or is there anyone on here local that are good with springers could take a look for me please.Im not verygood with my hands or with anythink mechanical

I have a Webley Vulcan .22 and I found it very hard to shoot consistently accurate. I got so frustrated I reconditioned the rifle as I had it since 1992. I improved it a fair bit however not enough for me as I wanted 1 inch groupings out to 40m, which I wasn’t getting. So I ended up buying a FX Royale 500.

However as I said I did manage to improve the accuracy and love using it for general plinking, it’s great for hitting tin cans out to 60 meters

What I did was as follows:

-Tuning kit from (from Chambers)

-2 stage trigger job (from Chambers)

-Keep the barrel clean, this can have an effect

-Use artillery hold

- Use JSB jumbo exact 15.89, these worked best for me, you should test to see which is best for you.

- Seat pellet in breech same depth everytime, I use a pellet loader pen

Rebuild I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Hrd40TRV0

Edited by karlzed

• 1 year later...

dunno if the exocet is the same as the vulcan with regards to the 'pin' pivot for the barrel as opposed to a bolt ?

my mk1 vulcan was firing all over the place, i even bought a new scope thinking perhaps that was the problem :lol: !! turned out the barrel fit had got 'wobbly', didnt really notice how bad it was until its was stripped down and the barrel was dry fitted...............it was a loose as could possibly be, no wonder it wouldnt shoot straight :oops:

anyhow, after a quick search it turns out the fix is to give it a gentle 'squash' with a vice, took minutes and once back together its back to shooting lovely :good:

• 1 year later...