fantastic service from uk shoot warehouse

elmafud

Hypaflaps are excellent IMO, either on a rotary or a floater.

I always use the stiffer rods and have also slightly shortened the mono line so they didn't flap too frantically (what "ljaddy12" referred to).

A friend also has hypaflaps, he didn't shorten the mono and they look superb, it may just be a random thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hypaflaps are excellent IMO, either on a rotary or a floater.

I always use the stiffer rods and have also slightly shortened the mono line so they didn't flap too frantically (what "ljaddy12" referred to).

A friend also has hypaflaps, he didn't shorten the mono and they look superb, it may just be a random thing.

you' ll find you can acually pull the fishing line though the body either way, I've found sometimes all that needs is, the line pulled to even the lengths or in some case you need to make one side a little shorter than the other, it seems each individual bird has it's own lttle 'set up'. We made a film of the Hyaflap, usng a camera attached to the wing of a model aircraft, and flew over it,....what the Pigeon sees is ten times better than, the view we get, sideways on.

you' ll find you can acually pull the fishing line though the body either way, I've found sometimes all that needs is, the line pulled to even the lengths or in some case you need to make one side a little shorter than the other, it seems each individual bird has it's own lttle 'set up'. We made a film of the Hyaflap, usng a camera attached to the wing of a model aircraft, and flew over it,....what the Pigeon sees is ten times better than, the view we get, sideways on.

Do you have a link to that video, that would be really interesting ............ I am a big hyperflap fan.