The Tree Of Death !!

Birdboy

Hard to believe that it was an air rifle being used over those distances. I'd like to know what rifle it was.

I have an AirArms .22 and any magpie over 25 yards just rolls over then gets up and flies off.

According to the intro on his other videos, its an Air Arms s510 FAC, .22, pushing out 33.4 ftlbs with JSB Exact Heavies, which I think are 18.13 grains.

I reckon, even with an FAC air rifle, the pellet wouldn't knock those birds as hard as some did.

It looked very much more like a .22rf strike to me.

Oh believe me they do, that's why some of us luv 'em :yes: :good:What's quite interesting is the zero point. Mine zero'd at 40 yards so its flat out to that and then I just use holdover points or dial in the range. Which according to chairgun would put it at -14.75 inches at 100yds. These guys seem to zero at 70-80 which gives them, in theory, 3" holdunder at 40 yards and 7.2" holdover at 100yds.

Another good one to watch is "thePCP Hunter". He uses an FAC Air Arms xtra s410 in .177 at 27ftlbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vzixYWV-UA

Edited by turbo33

Thanks for the clarification Turbo33.

I bought my Air arms 410 .22 on the understanding that it would do the job on Magpies and Squirrels for me in my garden but so far I have had more birds fly off than actually drop and my garden isn't any longer than 35 yards.

I bought my Air arms 410 .22 on the understanding that it would do the job on Magpies and Squirrels for me in my garden but so far I have had more birds fly off than actually drop and my garden isn't any longer than 35 yards.

It will, but sub 12, pellet placement is everything and you really need head shots. There are other fatal areas, but you need to know the anatomy. Have a look at huntersvermin on youtube.

Edited by turbo33

All down to shot placement, I had 11 yesterday out to 40 yards with my .177 rapid.. they all dropped with (some Texas style) heart & lung shots as it was a tad breezy for headshots :)