large hornet

four-wheel-drive

I was out walking the dog this afternoon and as I walked down a track and I spotted a large brown insect on the top of a fence post at first I thought that it was a cricket as it was led out flat no wings or big legs sticking out.

So I picked up a twig and was just about to give it a little poke untill I got closer to it when I suddenly thought It could well be a huge brown hornet so I droped the twig and walked on brisky I wish that I had my camara but forgot to put it in my pocket I have never seen one as big as that befor.

On a boat trip on holiday on a Greek island a very large nasty looking insect landed on another passengers handbag, the panic when she picked it up was more than a bit obvious, especially when two local ladies went into self preservation mode.

one took off a shoe and went to bat it but the handbag owner would not have it killed.....dilemma, nasty insect on bag, locals with shoes and flight mode ready and approaching the jetty.

I just picked up the bag held it out over the side (locals now hiding, bag owner closer to panic) and flicked the thing off the bag.

Insectazilla flies away boat carries on panic over. Hero for 5 minutes........wow.