Jack Pyke

countryman

For future reference, For boots go to your local Army surplus store. I picked up a set of second hand Desert tan Magnum Scorpion boots in immaculate condition (worn in but must have only been worn 10-12 times tops) for £40, Waterproof, Good grip and last forever. If they are good enough for soldiers they are good enough for trudging around a field and because they are Tan and not Black leather you dont look like a member of the local Neo Nazi collective or a Member of a Militia in them. They just look like standard work boots

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MAGNUM-SCORPION-BOOTS-DESERT-TAN-BIG-MANS-SIZE-14-BNIB-SAME-DAY-DISPACTH-/00/s/ODQ4WDk5OQ==/z/4DcAAOxy79VRfPuQ/$T2eC16FHJGoFFvz)YVo-BRfPuPl4)!~~60_57.JPG

• 6 years later...
On 08/10/2013 at 23:48, Marc Z said:

Their stuff looks like tat. Never bought a single product. Their camo patterns looks like a child made them using Microsoft paint.

It's cheap for a reason as its carp , buying cheap is false economy always go for quality if possible. I have never bought any either as it looks awful .

If your Boots are faulty then you do not have to pay to return them - keep a receipt for the postage costs and inform them that you will be expecting them to pay - you should really have agreed this with them before returning them as they may demand that you use a particular courier.

Edited by bruno22rf

I cannot comment on clothing, but have had a large Jack Pyke 120L decoy bag for about 5 years which is lightweight, strong and with padded straps, very comfortable and I cannot fault it. UKShootwarehouse sell them, so I cannot imagine them endorsing something that is inferior. I was only too pleased to give away my heavy ex army rucksack to one of my younger shooting pals, once I'd got the Jack Pyke one. 

Also have a couple of cheap JP cartridge bags which are perfectly fit for purpose.

The previous sweeping statements that ALL JP equipment is 'pants' is most unfair and misguided in my opinion.

OB

I can't say I've ever had a problem with Jack pyke gear, me and the missus have a number of gillets and fleeces, cartridge bags and other assorted bits and not had a problem with any of it. 

For the price I don't have a problem with the quality, I've read plenty Inc on here about expensive wellys that have given up after a few months for example and they cost alot more than jack pyke stuff. 

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

If your Boots are faulty then you do not have to pay to return them - keep a receipt for the postage costs and inform them that you will be expecting them to pay - you should really have agreed this with them before returning them as they may demand that you use a particular courier.

As the OP's post dates back to 2013 I suspect he's probably returned them by now.  😋 

However, since we’ve resurrected this thread, never had an issue with the Jack Pyke stuff, for the money it costs the quality is there.  I’ve got various t-shirts, tops and a jacket, as well as cartridge belt and slings on all my air rifles.  Thusfar my biggest criticism is the cartridge belt, being ‘one size fits all’, it seems to be made for the salad-dodgers out there, and at 34” waist I’m not exactly the skinny *** I used to be.

I’ve never tried the boots, however, as shoes are the one thing I (so far) have refused to purchase via mail order.

I have had a pair of jack Pyle wellies, survived 1 season, plus dog walking and feeding.  £60 I paid for them in a sale. Had a previous full zip pair which gave in after months but without the zip these have been fine. 

I can’t bring myself to spend big money on wellies as one stub on barb wire could be the end of them!