The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mal's guest, Phil, said he was a guest and his host would pay. :no:

As for everyone going back to pub early, I can only think they wanted to get back to watch the rugby. I, unfortunately, was at the vets with the little pup. She is ok today with just a slight limp.

Edited by shoot and be safe

I would like to say what a great shoot you have and some lovely people too, its not always the amount of shooting you get or the amount of shots that defines a good shoot, you guys sure have something good there.

Carol and I had a lovely weekend in what was a sunny North Wales and if closer we would make the Crown our local (I could easily have a few late ones in there). I will have to hunt around for some Sloe Gin and Champagne just in case I get an invite next season :whistling:

Many thanks to you all for making our time with you memorable and a special thanks to SABS and her better half for inviting us to join you.

Edited by ayano3

I would like to say what a great shoot you have and some lovely people too, its not always the amount of shooting you get or the amount of shots that defines a good shoot, you guys sure have something good there.

Carol and I had a lovely weekend in what was a sunny North Wales and if closer we would make the Crown our local (I could easily have a few late ones in there). I will have to hunt around for some Sloe Gin and Champagne just in case I get an invite next season :whistling:

Many thanks to you all for making our time with you memorable and a special thanks to SABS and her better half for inviting us to join you.

HER :mad: I thought what went on, on the Wash, stayed on the Wash !!! :lol:

You best bring a few bottles next season, we have all become alcoholics since your visit :ernyha:

Well today was the last and over all we had a great season :good:

We have met some fantastic people (many of hear) Grasshopper with his lucky hat. Tam and Lynell came to be abused for charity, sorry about the evening. Jerry T had his first driver shoot with us. ayano3 started a new tradishion on the crown, Sloe gin and champagne for eleven's :drinks: & "Irish car bombs" in the evening :ernyha: . Archie1234 chafured by myself for his day. BRNDL a pleasure to watch you work your dog in the "Nant". & Mr Potter who shot as my guest and told stories of how he doesn't dye his hair :whistling:

Today JC was in charge and a different approach to the drives. We started with "Aled's" then the "FF" 11's the "Gully" finishing off with the "Nant". It's the end of the season and not that many birds about, but as we were shooting cocks only the bag was going to be small. Most of the birds that got up were hens :ninja: and the £5 fine for shooting them stopped MOST shooting. One guest commented that he was a guest and his host (who wasn't there) would pay the fine :no:

We had shot all drives by 13:00 and walking out of the "Nant" when my little pup started yelping and yelping :o She would have been 100 yards ahead and running behind a fallen tree with the other dogs and stated yelping. I haven't run that fast for a long time (those of you who know me know I am not an athlete). Anyway after a quick check over she was over my shoulders on the way to the truck. Once in the back of the land rover another quick check found a slight cut on he back leg but she still wasn't right. A trip to the vet was in order :( The vet couldn't find anything untoward and said it was probably a muscle strain, gave her an anti-inflammatory injection and a course of pills. All for the grand total of £58. A small price to pay or the reassurance of the good ladies and my bundle of joy. Thank you to those who were there in the field to help out with checking her over. She is laying down besides me now on the sofa watching the tv.

I would like to thank everyone for a great season, especially Pall223 for running the shoot, Magman for helping me with my shooting and providing some great laughs, Philmypower for being the but of many jokes and wind ups and the Good Lady for supporting me and baking cakes, brownies and cookies.

See you next season.

Mark

Well today was the last and over all we had a great season :good:

We have met some fantastic people (many of hear) Grasshopper with his lucky hat. Tam and Lynell came to be abused for charity, sorry about the evening. Jerry T had his first driver shoot with us. ayano3 started a new tradishion on the crown, Sloe gin and champagne for eleven's :drinks: & "Irish car bombs" in the evening :ernyha: . Archie1234 chafured by myself for his day. BRNDL a pleasure to watch you work your dog in the "Nant". & Mr Potter who shot as my guest and told stories of how he doesn't dye his hair :whistling:

Today JC was in charge and a different approach to the drives. We started with "Aled's" then the "FF" 11's the "Gully" finishing off with the "Nant". It's the end of the season and not that many birds about, but as we were shooting cocks only the bag was going to be small. Most of the birds that got up were hens :ninja: and the £5 fine for shooting them stopped MOST shooting. One guest commented that he was a guest and his host (who wasn't there) would pay the fine :no:

We had shot all drives by 13:00 and walking out of the "Nant" when my little pup started yelping and yelping :o She would have been 100 yards ahead and running behind a fallen tree with the other dogs and stated yelping. I haven't run that fast for a long time (those of you who know me know I am not an athlete). Anyway after a quick check over she was over my shoulders on the way to the truck. Once in the back of the land rover another quick check found a slight cut on he back leg but she still wasn't right. A trip to the vet was in order :( The vet couldn't find anything untoward and said it was probably a muscle strain, gave her an anti-inflammatory injection and a course of pills. All for the grand total of £58. A small price to pay or the reassurance of the good ladies and my bundle of joy. Thank you to those who were there in the field to help out with checking her over. She is laying down besides me now on the sofa watching the tv.

I would like to thank everyone for a great season, especially Pall223 for running the shoot, Magman for helping me with my shooting and providing some great laughs, Philmypower for being the but of many jokes and wind ups and the Good Lady for supporting me and baking cakes, brownies and cookies.

See you next season.

Mark

Hi SBS, thanks for the mention. Still remember my day with great affection. Love to come again next season if you would have me back.

P.S. Rob, I am now a happy vaper.

Hi SBS, thanks for the mention. Still remember my day with great affection. Love to come again next season if you would have me back.

P.S. Rob, I am now a happy vaper.

Good man stick with it :good:

Ps, we found a live shell in the empty bag :yes:

It's now an empty :lol:

Good man stick with it :good:

Ps, we found a live shell in the empty bag :yes:

It's now an empty :lol:

Whoops, was it a Fiocchi by chance. Still went to a good home, hope it connected with something.

• 3 months later...