The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

Our second day yesterday. Took my pup out for the first time to do a bit of beating on a couple of drives. She really enjoyed herself :good:

20131019_101812_zps1e71c1a5.jpg

The bag for the day was 37 from 121 shots. Here are a few other photos from the day taken by the good lady.

20131019_102046_zps7e66b1a2.jpg

20131019_102932_zps96674444.jpg

20131019_1102390_zps9c076deb.jpg

20131019_110731_zps663632bf.jpg

20131019_110807_zpse3a67eba.jpg

20131019_1115470_zps508a4a95.jpg

20131019_111816_zpsa5eab0c7.jpg

20131019_112527_zps4d221349.jpg

b4851668-9fc0-465a-b2d6-8eedba89ed5a_zps

20131019_112043_zps03994240.jpg

A cracking day and we managed to beat the rain by Paul223 being there on time :whistling:

You shot well mate :good: leave that gun alone it fits you well :yes:

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Another good day for myself today :good: Only shot the one bird, but what a bird. A partridge over 40 yards up (others said higher, but I'll settle on 40), battling through the fierce wind. As I pulled the trigger, the partridge was above the canopy so I didn't see the shot connect. However it was falling out of the sky and no other shots were taken at the said bird, it was mine :yahoo: I marked the spot in my mind where it fell and shorty after the drive was finished, I dropped my gun back at the Landy, which was only 30 yards away, let the pup out (16 week old Lab) and set off after my fallen bird. It had landed around 30 yards back and up a bank, as we got close the pup was straight on a scent and there it was, my first partridge of the season (and the first one shot this season on the shoot) picked by my little pup. Well chuffed :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Sadly, I was that chuffed with how well the pup had done, I don't think anyone took a photo :sad1: However the partridge is in the freezer ready for the charity calendar :yes:

Yeah that was a good bird mark, and as the covey climbed and split I was surprised firstly that anyone had chance to get a shot off but more so that someone connected, well shot fella and another personal first for you, English "grey" partridge, spot on for the calendar and just what we were after!

A modest 30 birds from 3 drives, we gave one of the main drives a rest and shot or tried to shoot the 110 acre wood, so 30 pheasant & 1 partridge for 118 shots on very wet day! I didn't get chance to take photos soz.

Edited by Paul223

Good day Ladies & Gents & well done Mark on the Partridge front, nice looking bird.

I only contributed 1 Pheasant for the day (think I had a poke at 4, need to use my open eye next time), anyway I thought we were going to be in for a very wet day, but in the main it was ok, until trying to navigate out of the 110 arce wood, where it pxxsed down.

I did managed to get a few photos hiding under the trees for a moment.

Thanks all :good::good::good: :good: :good::good:

post-53865-0-24239200-1383470249_thumb.jpg

Edited by MK38MAGS

ya'll get there bonny lad..

shame about the wind and rain last night on the foxes but i thoroughly enjoyed another day out and another warm welcome from a good bunch of lads n lasses

The chocolate brownies where as good as last year and i don't think i picked the special 1 as could clearly see them 15 foxes dancing around a sheep holding hands.

Thanks again to Rob for giving up his gun...even though you let him shoot and he stole everyone's birds ha ha

Onwards to Oxford today and hopefully some better weather.Will have to pop back and help myself i mean you with them foxes Paul lol

shame about the wind and rain last night on the foxes but i thoroughly enjoyed another day out and another warm welcome from a good bunch of lads n lasses

The chocolate brownies where as good as last year and i don't think i picked the special 1 as could clearly see them 15 foxes dancing around a sheep holding hands.

Thanks again to Rob for giving up his gun...even though you let him shoot and he stole everyone's birds ha ha

Onwards to Oxford today and hopefully some better weather.Will have to pop back and help myself i mean you with them foxes Paul lol

Nice to see you again Jeff, glad you enjoyed the brownies :good:

Good luck with the stalking :ninja:

Twas a shame you canny shoot with the gauge though hey 19 shots for one bird :whistling: starting to think your an anti :lol:

Food seems to be your passion now though :yes:

Mark with his offerings for the day

20131102_123833_zpse5ca493c.jpg

Jeff was first in

20131102_123855_zpsa11f1e0e.jpg

Breakfast this morning and then asked for seconds :blink:

20131103_100828_zps7101d532.jpg

20131103_100838_zps714708c4.jpg

Got the brew right

20131103_101228_zps70905e99.jpg

Great to have you down again mate and hope you have a great few days down with the shandy drinkers :good:

Soooooo what's all this about then?

image_zpsfdbe456a.jpg

Helping Jeff pull his troosers up May be?

Told him he would never fit into a 36" waist as we all no pw members are on the large side :whistling:

Ps , im thinking the hat was the cause for the bad shooting !!! so we now have an unlucky hat :yes::lol:

Edited by magman