The Crown Shoot 2013/14

Paul223

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chaps,

Sorry to join the party so late, but did'nt realise this thread was still going. I actually spent most of yesterday writing my account of the day, but hadn't posted it yet as was having trouble loading photos. So think I will bin it now.

As you probably already know I had a great day with a brilliant bunch of guys, and to shoot four pheasants on the first drive of my first time out on a game shoot was a real highlight. You put on some great drives which produced plenty of birds for everyone, unfortunately due to my poor shooting/over excitement I didn't connect with anything else. This despite the generosity of Rob giving me his last drive of the day, thanks mate.

And yes, I shared the woodcock with my son Daniel on Sunday. As suggested we had it with toast and scrambled egg-brilliant!

Also managed to Norfolk pluck the two pheasant, and even if I say so myself they looked pretty damned good.

Very big thanks to you Paul and the rest of the team for giving me such a great experience. I will not forget it in a hurry, and am definitely hungry for more.

Cheers and thanks again

JerryT

Hi Chaps,

Sorry to join the party so late, but did'nt realise this thread was still going. I actually spent most of yesterday writing my account of the day, but hadn't posted it yet as was having trouble loading photos. So think I will bin it now.

As you probably already know I had a great day with a brilliant bunch of guys, and to shoot four pheasants on the first drive of my first time out on a game shoot was a real highlight. You put on some great drives which produced plenty of birds for everyone, unfortunately due to my poor shooting/over excitement I didn't connect with anything else. This despite the generosity of Rob giving me his last drive of the day, thanks mate.

And yes, I shared the woodcock with my son Daniel on Sunday. As suggested we had it with toast and scrambled egg-brilliant!

Also managed to Norfolk pluck the two pheasant, and even if I say so myself they looked pretty damned good.

Very big thanks to you Paul and the rest of the team for giving me such a great experience. I will not forget it in a hurry, and am definitely hungry for more.

Cheers and thanks again

JerryT

Glad you enjoyed your day :good:

Nice to meet a fellow PW member.

Hi Chaps,

Cheers and thanks again

JerryT

No don't email me your pic's and i will pop them on for you mate (photo bucket is your friend)

The offers there if you need it :good:

You done yourself proud Saturday ;)

My wife just asked me what I was looking at on the Tablet, I replied Pigeon Watch, she being quite simple sometimes (mostly) she thought I was watching pigeons and burst out in an uncontrolled laughter :|

Any wonder she don't come out shooting, no idea.

BigBird will you have a word with her

Anyway what a great day Saturday, it was a jammed packed with events, I'm still confused how Pauls disco still ran after ripping of his fuel filter :/

I'm sure he was just after a free tow home :good:

Good day by all

Thanks

Edited by MK38MAGS

My wife just asked me what I was looking at on the Tablet, I replied Pigeon Watch, she being quite simple sometimes (mostly) she thought I was watching pigeons and burst out in an uncontrolled laughter :|

Any wonder she don't come out shooting, no idea.

BigBird will you have a word with her

Anyway what a great day Saturday, it was a jammed packed with events, I'm still confused how Pauls disco still ran after ripping of his fuel filter :/

I'm sure he was just after a free tow home :good:

Good day by all

Thanks

He had been working hard feeding the birds and forgot to top up his tank, I have heard he has pulled that trick before. Even keeps an old filter in the boot for such an occasion :whistling::whistling::whistling:

P.S. Your pork pie cost me a woodcock, (it even got mentioned in the scriptures this morning) :lol::whistling::whistling::whistling::lol:

Edited by shoot and be safe

He had been working hard feeding the birds and forgot to top up his tank, I have heard he has pulled that trick before. Even keeps an old filter in the boot for such an occasion :whistling::whistling::whistling:

P.S. Your pork pie cost me a woodcock, (it even got mentioned in the scriptures this morning) :lol::whistling::whistling::whistling: :lol:R

Right, he's a bit of a prankster is he, I will watch out for that one, thanks for the heads up. :good::good::whistling:

Checked out the disco pipe work on Sunday to find I'd bypassed it some time back, most likely when the boot floor was replaced, just made more sense to tow and drop it at the pub than wasting time trying to recover from the road side

Nar I'm with Mark on this one, might need you change that clutch again dragging that lump. :lol::lol:

Yeah it was a good day Jerry, nice to meet you and glad you enjoyed it, don't be shy put your pics up fella

Ps what did the woodcock taste like, I always think it's a bit like yokey bacon

Yeah, defo yokey bacon with I felt a hint of pigeon.

Only got a couple of pics I took at home, if I can fathom out Photobucket will put on or I'll take Magman up on his offer

Pork pies are what fluffed it up first time, filled his caravan with em ready for a holiday, then tried to reverse it

The good news is I got to give the brakes a good clean whilst you were towing me :ermm:

Well :rolleyes:

What happen there was, I was trying to shut the door on the caravan whilst stocking up on my stash of supplies when one of those supper sized Hulson pork pies rolled out and got jammed between the twin axle of my holiday bus. :/