wet day whos going out

proTOM1

so its been raining since yesterday morning ,but im still going out no matter what ,would not normally go sit in the rain but seeing the amount of birds I saw yesterday feeding and moving over the drilling even in the rain (aswell as farmer asking me to ).least there is a good wind .

So who else is heading out ??

We went today. Started on some old wheat stubble with nothing really coming in, then packed up and moved to some more wheat stubble next to some drillings.

Set up stood for five minutes had rain dripping of my nose was **** wet through gun was dripping dog was hiding under the hedge row then we called it a day.

Just got dry and cleaned the gun, god knows why we thought it was a good idea finished with four pigeon.:(

made the move and got out-very blustery-only shot 7 but farm manager well impressed for my commitment-not a bad thing when I might ask for a favour.

dont forget that skins waterproof!

fudds

If only people knew how we suffered for our art !!

good on ya

stevo

Well went out , got there slight drizzle then after 10 mins of being setup it started and did not stop but got worse . I picked 27 shot 31 . stu could not get them to play and only shot 2 . but there was a good 500 on when first shot went off .

very wet but worth a pop.

Fowling yesterday afternoon. Inland along a Broads river. Lovely calm and cloudy. Got to dark to see so packed up and shouldered rucksack.

That was the signal to him up there who just hates atheists!

Got soaked on the walk back to the truck.

Out again today when I think there will be a repeat performance.

My granddad, a farm labourer before and after the second world war, reckoned you should never put off anything due to the weather.

Dress appropriately and get on with it.

This from a bloke who could never afford a proper raincoat.

He'd spend all day hoeing sugar beet or turnips in the rain with just a hessian potato sack over his head and shoulders.

Today, with all the superb wet weather gear we have, there really is no excuse for not going.

Missed out all week on the pigeons due to illness so today decided to go down the club and let off steam at some clays, arrived in pouring rain but within 5 minutes it stopped, sun came out and we shot 50 by noon, great fun in the wind, just got packed away and back came the rain, it was as if someone up there thought we deserved a break, now im off visiting relatives and friends up north so no more sport for another week, cant wait to get back and find a few pigeons, must get my wet gear out ready, rain or not I cant keep just looking out the window at it, its doing my head in not to mention driving the missus mad listening to me moanin on. :lol::lol:

Shot150 birds on edge of my big wood it's an old oak wood dripping with acorns this year never seen so many I think the rapes gonna be left alone till jan feb with this amount of food about.whent out with the intention of decoding but saw a good flight line .going right over the wood so just got tucked in about 10 meters and what a morning only shot from 9 till 12. The wind helped though kept them low

Flocks of woodies are scarce round here (beech mast?), but blacks are becoing a scorge. Passed a 50+ flock of crows on newly drilled wheat on the way to work this morning. Not shootable as the field is right next to roads and has a couple of footpaths through it. Safe fall of shot would be the primary concern, but passing townies would no doubt kick off.